• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Lonestarbill

Annoying Audio Loss On Subsequent Recordings.

Question

I'm using Roxio Video Capture, Version 2.0.1 (135). My Mac is a mid 2010 machine running OS X, Ver 10.7.5. The processor is a 3.2 intel Core i3.

When I initially launch the program to start capturing VHS or Hi8 tapes, it works fine, bot using the composite or the S-Video (depends upon the camera or player from which I'm recording). The recording is fine, and the program works very well. I like it very much.

When I try to capture a subsequent tape, it picks up the video, but not the audio. I tried quitting the Video Capture program and restarting it, but the problem persists. The only thing that works is to restart the Mac, and the Video Capture works fine, but if I attempt to capture a third tape, it loses the audio again. Restarting the Mac fixes it. This is a great big pain.

I am not using the Mac for anything else while I'm capturing, nor do I use it after "finishing" the video. I immediately attempt to capture and another tape, but the audio is not working.

If y'all have a fix for this, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

There are other posts here about users not being able to get audio when it had worked before. You're the first one to say it works to restart the Mac. I'm sorry but I don't know what else to do. There is a link near the top of the Toast 11 Forum to where you can submit bug reports to Corel.