• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
wdjudd

Toast 11.2 (3175) Will Not Allow Installation Over 11.1 (1072)?

Question

I currently have Toast 11.1 (1072) installed on a Mac Pro OS 10.7.5. I downloaded the Toast 11.2 (3175) installer. When running the installer it states the following error:

"Toast Titanium Update can't be installed on this disk. Update applies only to the running Toast Titanium, running version is either less than 11.2.0.0.0 or you have the latest version".

I also tried installing via Toast update [when running] but get the same error. I then tried trashing the current Toast folder and restarting - I still get the same error.

Can anyone shed any light as to why the Toast updater is not allowing installation?

Thanks.

post-106474-0-40113200-1394324875_thumb.jpg

post-106474-0-41260500-1394324876_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Go to Roxio's Software Updates page and download the Toast 11 update there. It installs the entire Toast 11 Titanium folder including the latest version 11.2 of Toast.

Go to Roxio's Software Updates page and download the Toast 11 update there. It installs the entire Toast 11 Titanium folder including the latest version 11.2 of Toast.

Sorry to report all your suggestions do not work. Renaming the folder; the file, changing Sys Pref permissions for 'Allow Apps' - nothing changes. From within Toast, an attempt to upgrade results in " The update is improperly signed". Using the installer results in the windows above. The update installer will not attempt an update if it cannot find an existing copy. One might think that Roxio would choose to fix this issue rather than let its customers wander from post to post, following posts that don't work.

Yes, this is very unprofessional of Roxio. But it worked for me to rename the existing Toast 11 Titanium folder in the Applications folder and then run the 11. 2 update from Roxio's Software Updates page.