Eapples

Program Dies After An Hour

Question

This is the umpteenth time I've tried copying a video to the slave drive, and the program craps out after a few hours.

I follow the onscreen prompts. The program starts doing its thing. A two-hour VHS tape takes about four to five hours to copy. I know this because it takes about two to three hours to copy 50% of the tape. The program craps out after copying only an hour of the tape. I get an error message "An unknown error has occurred. The program will shut down."

Sometimes I'll get this message when I'm copying a tape to a DVD. Mostly it happens when I'm copying a tape to the slave drive.

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!

6 answers to this question

This is the umpteenth time I've tried copying a video to the slave drive, and the program craps out after a few hours.

I follow the onscreen prompts. The program starts doing its thing. A two-hour VHS tape takes about four to five hours to copy. I know this because it takes about two to three hours to copy 50% of the tape. The program craps out after copying only an hour of the tape. I get an error message "An unknown error has occurred. The program will shut down."

Sometimes I'll get this message when I'm copying a tape to a DVD. Mostly it happens when I'm copying a tape to the slave drive.

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!

Why did you start a new thread? You already have one on the same problem and you never even bothered to answer the questions there.

Supply some information on your system, such as free hard drive space, level of deframentation etc.

Don't even try to transfer 2 hours or more to a DVD since (even if it works) the quality will be so bad that it is almost unwatchable. A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of best quality video which is what you want when copying VHS video.

A two hour tape will require 2 hours to tranfer to a hard drive and then it has to be converted to mpg video which may also require several hours depending on your system and settings.

Capture may also stop when a black space is found on the tape.

• Like 1

Sir: I think I found the problem. I stopped making selections in the enhancements section, and the disc burn took just a few minutes. I was trying to burn the videos to the slave drive because of the problem I was having burning discs. Now I don't have to use the slave drive.

What other post are you talking about?

Edited by Eapples

Well you have this Topic from 3/09

Plus the one you started on 3/02 - HERE (which Walt tried to help you with)

And now one from today HERE (which I will try helping you with)

Not a big deal but when you post a question we kind of hope you will return to see if anyone responded ;)

• Like 1

To find the posts you have made in this forum:

post-68-0-76414400-1396643544_thumb.png

Then

post-68-0-87495800-1396643589_thumb.png

Sir: I think I found the problem. I stopped making selections in the enhancements section, and the disc burn took just a few minutes. I was trying to burn the videos to the slave drive because of the problem I was having burning discs. Now I don't have to use the slave drive.

Your posts are confusing. At one point you say your are copying to a "slave drive" and later you mention "burning to a slave drive". What do you mean by "Burning to a slave drive"?