• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hello,

Im hoping this is a problem that can be fix and not just something that I will be unable to do..

I have a Roxio HD cap card and I would like to record gameplay from a NES. I have it hooked up this way...

the two AV cables from the NES connected to the Roxio and the component cables coming from the Roxio to my TV and of course the USB to my laptop. With this setup the TV picture comes in fine but It only displays and records on my laptop in black and white..

I hope someone can help,

Zach.

17 answers to this question

The input to the Roxio HAS to be component (Red/Green/Blue),composite will not work.

I tried a converter... Now both my tv and laptop are in color which is great...but, now the picture on my tv and laptop are both extremely choppy. Any ideas as to why that may be?

Thanks

Are you going into your TV with the component (R/G/B) cables? What happens if you go from your NES, into the converter, and then from the converter directly into the TV? (Take the Roxio Game Capture Pro out of the loop.) Does it look okay then, or is it still choppy.

Okay... I'm missing something here. You said you tried a converter, and the video was all choppy. Ah... the converter goes from composite to HDMI? Is that what you've got?

And with or without the Game Capture device, the video is choppy? Then it seems there's an issue with the converter you have.

Does the converter have a make and model number?. Does it have a A/C supply to it, or does it just have the jacks and no power source?.

Edit

The device has to convert a Composite (analog) signal to a HDMI (digital). This requires some electronic circuitry to make this happen, and of course it requires electricity for this to work.

Edited by ogdens

It's the same converter that was suggested on this topic earlier.

It does require power via USB. I've tried getting power from my computer and from the wall with no difference.

And i have it hooked up: NES-component-converter-hdmi-TV.

It's the same converter that was suggested on this topic earlier.

It does require power via USB. I've tried getting power from my computer and from the wall with no difference.

And i have it hooked up: NES-component-converter-hdmi-TV.

Did you mean to say NES-composite-converter-hdmi-TV .......if this is correct then the converter is NOT working, and there is not much we can do to fix that.

Yes, I did suggest that, or something like it. Though as I said, I don't have one, so couldn't actually "recommend" it.

When you say you tried getting power "from the wall", how did you do that? About the only thing that comes to mind from Ogdens line of questioning is that your laptop USB power isn't sufficient. A long-shot is that a powered USB hub might help, one that has a separate power supply that plugs into the wall. If that's what you tried, then it definitely seems like the converter has an issue.

I just used my wall charger adapter that I normally use to charge my phone.

I know you didn't recommend it but I read a lot of reviews on it and they were all positive. :(

Well, he doesn't have a solution yet...

True but this has never been a Roxio Issue :lol:

I love the part about just plugging it into anything that might fit it :wacko:

Well, an alternative would be to get the VHS Capture device which does have a composite input.

Edited by d_deweywright

Actually it Should work provided you have it hooked up right AND the converter actually works :huh:

The RGC Device and Software could care less HOW it gets a signal, just that it receives a valid signal...

But you need to do some testing in place of the willy nilly approach :lol:

Get a playback device with HDMI or Component output - DVD or BD Player, even a camcorder or laptop with HDMI OUTput...

Use that to test your RGC install with to confirm it actually works. - your initial B/W result seems to indicate it is working...

Then try another source that has Composite output and use your converter. (stick to known USB ports! If you use your lap, just make sure it is running on AC power)

If this works then the last test is hook up your Nintendo ;)