• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
PattyAnn

Is There A Way To Change The Burn Speed?

Question

When I am ready to burn a CD, I find that burn speed only has options of MAX and 40. Older versions of Roxio used to let me choose a slower speed. Is there another location where the burn speed can be adjusted? If not, any idea why not? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

I can't find any way to adjust the burn speed in the simplified 'Burn Audio CDs' item of the main menu, however if you run the Music Disc Creator through

Music/Audio > Create Music Disc Projects you'll find that when you hit the burn icon you are shown a 'Burn Setup' dialog box.

Click on 'Burn Options' and then the pulldown alongside 'Write Speed' should show you a list of available speeds which depends on the disc you have inserted. Make sure you inserted a blank disc before you reach this point.

post-208-0-00953400-1395467090_thumb.jpg

The screenshot above shows my system when no CD was inserted, and below is shows the dialog box after I inserted a 16x CD [remember them? :) ]

post-208-0-84733400-1395467193_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon

Thank you. That works. I just didn't realize there were all these mini-programs that make up the package and that they have different processes and options.

The original Roxio programs were multi-capable - for instance Creator Classic could burn audio, video, or data discs - but as the company was acquired first by Sonic, then Rovi, then Corel, the different companies have added and subtracted pieces to "simplify" things. The NXT family don't even have Creator Classic. :(

If it's of interest, menu items that have a circular arrow alongside them [e.g. Create Music Projects] run a separate program, while those without the arrow [e.g. Burn Audio CDs] run a simplified Sonic module with fewer abilities, that is built-in to the menu program.

post-208-0-94042400-1395701050_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon