Joshy

Help With Roxio, Really Aggrivated

Question

ok so i got a new computer it was supposed to be windows 7, but its not its XP and i installed everything from the software, but after that it said corrupted file, i then downloaded repair license 2011 and its fixed it but now everytime it starts up the tutorial vids wont load up and when i start to record theres no image of what i am recording just sound PLEASE HELP ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmxvaxFRmfY&feature=youtu.be

THERE YOU GO GO WATCH IT!

Edited by Joshy

24 answers to this question

ok so i got a new computer it was supposed to be windows 7, but its not its XP and i installed everything from the software, but after that it said corrupted file, i then downloaded repair license 2011 and its fixed it but now everytime it starts up the tutorial vids wont load up and when i start to record theres no image of what i am recording just sound PLEASE HELP ME!

You have not told us anything to help you, we need more information about your setup, hookup, from what are you capturing etc. You are getting sound, thats good!!!!!

You have not told us anything to help you, we need more information about your setup, hookup, from what are you capturing etc. You are getting sound, thats good!!!!!

what do u mean i told u im only getting sound no video from my xbox screen its hooked up right and everything just not video coming from the thing

what do u mean i told u im only getting sound no video from my xbox screen its hooked up right and everything just not video coming from the thing

It is not hooked up right otherwise it would be working. If you don't want to supply the requested information then you are on your own.

Edited by myguggi

You never mentioned Xbox in your first post. :blink: That is one thing that Ogdens asked about, how about the rest.

Xbox 360 it is all hooked right it is a roxio Standard im running on windows XP dual core 2.0 of ram the problem got worse and now there is no sound and cant click any buttons and it says no signal no video image or sound

Is the "no signal" red or green?. Are you getting a signal on your TV?.

ok now i am getting sound again the buttons are now clickable, i am getting a signal on my tv, and the "No signal Error" is green and there is still no video coming up on the computer

See if this fixes it:

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See if this fixes it:

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

ok well i did what you said and everything came out normaly looking like all the TUT videos load now but when i click capture it still does the no signal in green and no video or audio this time and i can click any buttons?

What do you mean " everything came out normaly looking like all the TUT videos load now" ?. Are these from your Xbox?, please explain.

What do you mean " everything came out normaly looking like all the TUT videos load now" ?. Are these from your Xbox?, please explain.

like when you first start up roxio at the bottom they have all of those tutorial videos on how to set it up and stuff getting started ETC.

This is very similar to what you have already tried,but is a little more robust.

Unplug your RGC Device and put aside until you are completely finished

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Edited by ogdens

This is very similar to what you have already tried,but is a little more robust.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

now see when you say this you need to be more clear where do i unplugg from my tv or my computer and when im installing the disc do i plug the usb back in and hook it all up or what? Edited by Joshy

now see when you say this you need to be more clear where do i unplugg roxio from? My computer the little usb or my tv? and what is revo uninstaller?

The second statement in ogdens post is very clear on what you should be doing.

What is the "little usb"?

Revo Uninstaller is a free program that many use to uninstall programs. The underlined word in ogdens post is the link to the website.

The second statement in ogdens post is very clear on what you should be doing.

What is the "little usb"?

Revo Uninstaller is a free program that many use to uninstall programs. The underlined word in ogdens post is the link to the website.

ok ig to all the i unninstalled everything with revo and all that but when im installing the disc do plug the usb from the roxio to my computer back in or do i leave it out until the installment is complete?

ok so i just unninstalled everything with revo and all that was i supposed to plug in the usb that hooks into your roxio to your computer was that suppsoed to be in during the installation or plug it in after?

Edited by Joshy

Great... here we go again not it says the certificate file is missing now i have to do, i have to start up repair license 2011, so lets do that ok it repaired it i singed up and everything NOW, i hooked it all back up with my computer and do i hit capture then turn my tv on and my console or turn my console, my tv then hit capture what?!!?

chances are no signlas gonna pop up again

Great... here we go again not it says the certificate file is missing now i have to do, i have to start up repair license 2011, so lets do that ok it repaired it i singed up and everything NOW, i hooked it all back up with my computer and do i hit capture then turn my tv on and my console or turn my console, my tv then hit capture what?!!?

chances are no signlas gonna pop up again

Install the software BEFORE you plug in the USB. If you do it any other way, it isn't going to install the right drivers.

Install the software BEFORE you plug in the USB. If you do it any other way, it isn't going to install the right drivers.

DONT WORRY GUYS I JUST SPENT THE PAST HOUR MAKING A VIDEO TO SHOW YOU IT WILL BE UPLOADED IN ABOUT ANOTHER HOUR SO U CAN SEE WHAT ITS LIKE

DONT WORRY GUYS I JUST SPENT THE PAST HOUR MAKING A VIDEO TO SHOW YOU IT WILL BE UPLOADED IN ABOUT ANOTHER HOUR SO U CAN SEE WHAT ITS LIKE

I am not worried. ;)

yeah cause all you have to do is think and type you dont physically have to DO.

Hopefully you realize that all the guys that have been trying to help you are not Roxio employees and are here, trying to help you get your Game Capture working on their own time? Being frustrated is understandable, but so is being appreciative when people are trying to help.

Hopefully you realize that all the guys that have been trying to help you are not Roxio employees and are here, trying to help you get your Game Capture working on their own time? Being frustrated is understandable, but so is being appreciative when people are trying to help.

i am appreciative, im glad that they are accually helping me.