• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
JSaTT

Display Shrunk On Pc

Question

My Roxio works wonderfully for my Xbox 360 and One on the same monitor. I use my laptop to record sessions. When I plug in my tower PC through the HDMI the picture on my monitor is shrunk. I tried changing resolution through my tower which it doesn't work and tried screen size from my monitor which is already full and shows full screen when I don't have the Roxio plugged in.

Any Suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Not following your setup???

Are you using the Tower PC & Monitor to capture with or just using the Monitor as a Pass Through (play monitor)?

HOW shrunk is it? Are we talking about a postage stamp picture on a 32" Monitor or just some black border around the edge of the picture ;)

Screen caps are nice, info - HERE

So I want to record the things on my XboX and PC tower. I have the roxio software and such on my laptop. Both the XboX and the PC Tower plug in via HDMI so when I want to record one or the other I just have to replace the HDMI cable on the input of the roxio (basic setup).

I'm on a 21" monitor and it's a black border around the outside of the picture about 1 inch thick all around. I never have this problem with my xbox and roxio which is plugged into the same monitor nor with my Tower when it's plugged directly into the monitor without the roxio device.

Laptop = Used to Capture

Monitor, XboX, PC = Has Footage I want to Record

Edited by JSaTT

Then you are using the RGC Pass Through...

That means the issue is BEFORE the RGC. Try checking your Xbox Settings. Never use the Auto Detect function, always set the resolution.

Also a good test is to plug in a DVD or BD Player in place of your Xbox and see what it does ;)

Check the resolution on what? When I plug in through the RGC the resolution on my PC says it's still the same even though the screen now is smaller with a black border so it has to be the RGC is there something in the options to fix this?