• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
bogtr

Editing Audio

Question

I have an 87 minute clip of music instrucion. I edited out parts ending up with about 36 minutes of instruction and broke the clip into several tracks, intending burn a CD from the edited clip. The tracks don't save. All that saves is the entire clip. I click on export clips/tracks, but a message says that I need 36MG but have only whatever KB. I can find no help on this. Yet other entire music playlists I have are less than 1 MB. No explanation or instruction is given in the "manual" for Roxio Creator 2011, the only one available, or on any Help button I could fine. There seems to be no instruction to do this. I will never buy another Corel anything.

3 answers to this question

Bogtr,

How much free space do you actually have on the disk you're trying to export the clips to?

What size is the source clip you're working from?

You seem surprised that the system wants as much as 36 MB to save your clips, but 36 MB is a very small audio file, and I would expect it to be larger if it has 36 minutes of audio. Perhaps you're exporting the clips in a highly compressed format. Your playlists should be small, since they're only a text list of file names, but the actual audio files will be much bigger than a playlist since they contain the actual audio, not just a list of file names.

In any case, if you're editing audio you really should have hundreds of MB free on your disk, if not thousands. If you don't have 36 MB free, you're in trouble!

As far as the manual goes, I think you'll find it's written by geeks, for geeks, like so many of today's manuals. :( It's not just this company which falls into that trap - they nearly all do it. You'll find the other users here will try to help you past that hurdle if you'll let them.

Regards,

Brendon

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarifications. I re-edited the 87 minute music instruction. I delete some minutes and broke what was left into 10 tracks. It seems that I still had only one clip, broken into 10 tracks. The only way I could save the track structure was to save each track as a separate file. I then had a total of 46 minutes of audio, totaling about 42 MB. I had initially misread the message in the Export Tracks/Clips. I have tons of GB, not KB as I said in my original question. My remaining question is, when I am in the Sound Editor screen, why, under the Export heading, won't my track structure save when I click Export Tracks/Clips? I finally saved each track as a file, track by track, and burned a CD containing all ten of the edited tracks. I did what I wanted to, but it seems that the Roxio Creator 12 application can do loads of things, but instruction is minimal.

If I am reading your questions correctly, then there is a trick to it. You now have the 10 audio clips; correct? Add them to "Sound Editor" so that they are all there. Make sure that you are not using the collapsed mix editor (options at the top). They will show individually in the upper window and all are displayed the lower one. In the lower one, select join clips and select one, then holding down CTRL, join them all together and then export them. I'm not sure if this image will help: Let me know if you need more detail.

post-58-0-05343900-1400074391_thumb.jpg