Question

Can someone please tell me what a DVDRAM is? And also, I'm copying from a type like that, to a CD. I have tried to copy using multiple drives, but it says I have to have the same DVD in the drives. If I don't use that feature, it copies to a CD just fine. Help? Thanks a ton. Sassay

3 answers to this question

DVD-RAM is a very uncommon format used mostly by a few standalone DVD recorders. I don't believe you can copy that disc. What you probably need to do is extract the video from the disc and then have Toast author a new video DVD. To do this choose DVD video as the format in Toast and then go to the Toast Media Browser. There you should be able to find the video from the DVD-RAM under the DVD item in the Video tab. I have the full version of Toast and not the limited Toast DVD so my instructions may not be precisely accurate. But you should be able to see a thumbnail of the video title(s) that are on the DVD-RAM disc in the Media Browser. Select what you want and drag it to the main Toast window. If that works you should notice that Toast is copying the video from the disc. When that copying is done you can prepare the DVD menu the way you want and burn it to a DVD disc. It doesn't work to burn a video DVD to a CD disc.

I probably have confused you even more, but your post has me confused too. If you want to continue our discussion please provide me more details.

Thanks for your help. This isn't a movie. It's just some information I want to put on CD. I have copied 12 different ones already with no problems. Then the next one, problems started. Nothing changed. Had already copied this particular DVD. Used the same type of CD's. Nothing changed. Then all of a sudden I get a message that says, CD-ROM XA or Audio tracks cannot be written to DVD. I don't understand it. I need to copy these. Apparently there is no support from Roxio. Have spent my morning trying to get help. If I can't resolve this, will have to get a refund. I just purchased this yesterday. I don't like a product without support. If you can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch. Sandy

Are you using Toast DVD purchased from the Apple Store or are you using the full version of Toast Titanium. You've posted in the Toast DVD forum so I presume that's what you're using. However, it only makes video DVDs so what you're describing doesn't make sense.

If you are using the full version of Toast then my guess is you're in the Data window. It seems you are trying to burn an audio CD as a data disc which isn't possible. To burn an audio CD as a data disc you would first need to convert the audio tracks to .aiff or other audio files using the Toast Convert window and then drag those files to the Data window. If you want to duplicate an audio CD then you should be using the Audio CD setting in the Toast Audio window.