billrae

How To Save Cd&dvd Easy Save Program To A Back Up Cd

Question

After downloading and installing Roxio Easy CD & DVD Save to my Windows 8 laptop computer, I tried to save a back up copy of the program. NO LUCK. When I tried to buy a back up CD, from the Roxio store, Roxio told me there is no back up copy available. I would have to request a refund and buy hard copy version of the program.

Can anyone tell me how to save a back up copy of the program I downloaded to my computer?

Bil

5 answers to this question

After downloading and installing Roxio Easy CD & DVD Save to my Windows 8 laptop computer, I tried to save a back up copy of the program. NO LUCK. When I tried to buy a back up CD, from the Roxio store, Roxio told me there is no back up copy available. I would have to request a refund and buy hard copy version of the program.

Can anyone tell me how to save a back up copy of the program I downloaded to my computer?

Bil

What do you mean by NO LUCK? Did you try to copy the file you downloaded to a "safe" folder on your hard drive?

Burn that downloaded file to a DVD.

Good idea to make a Text File of the License Key and add that to the CD you burn as well as write it on the CD ;)

When I wrote the original post, I was unable to find any trace of the original down loadable program on my windows 8 laptop computer. Because I am new to windows 8, I assumed I was doing something wrong.

Thank you for your rapid response.

After posting my comments on the forum, I spent several hours trying to figure out how to copy a program from the hard drive to a DVD.

Here is a step by step procedure I followed.

I was given two options when I started to download the program. Run or Save... I saved program IC49CXD1ECD.exe on my computer hard drive figuring that it would be on my hard drive to save to a DVD after I installed the program on my computer.

I have not checked every aspect of the program however, the program seems to be running fine.

After I managed to figure out how to save the program to a DVD. I viewed the contents of the DVD and found three programs listed.

Roxio folder

Desktop Configuration Settings File Folder

RoxioEasyCDandDVDBurning_LC49CXD1...Application 1,799.075..

I assume the RoxioEasyCDandDVDBurning...LC49CXD1..Application is the back-up program I can use If for some reason I need to reload the program in my computer and that the program contains all the necessary start up programs?

Is that correct?

I am reluctant to delete the program on my computer and try the back up program to see if it will work Is there another way to test the backup program?

Bill

I guess so, I think all of us bought the physical disc...

Unless you changed something, it should have been in your Download directory. Nothing gets deleted there unless You do it ;)

<snip>

Here is a step by step procedure I followed.

I was given two options when I started to download the program. Run or Save... I saved program IC49CXD1ECD.exe on my computer hard drive figuring that it would be on my hard drive to save to a DVD after I installed the program on my computer.

<snip>

After I managed to figure out how to save the program to a DVD. I viewed the contents of the DVD and found three programs listed.

Roxio folder

Desktop Configuration Settings File Folder

RoxioEasyCDandDVDBurning_LC49CXD1...Application 1,799.075..

I assume the RoxioEasyCDandDVDBurning...LC49CXD1..Application is the back-up program I can use If for some reason I need to reload the program in my computer and that the program contains all the necessary start up programs?

Is that correct?

I am reluctant to delete the program on my computer and try the back up program to see if it will work Is there another way to test the backup program?

Bill

From what I see, it looks like you maybe have copied the files/folders after the installation, and I don't think that's going to get you back up and running if something fails. You should be looking for the original IC49CXD1ECD.exe file, which should still be on your hard drive, probably in the default Windows Download folder, unless you told it to put it somewhere else. (Personally, I never use Windows defaults, I make my own download folder, with subfolders named by application.)

If you open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and towards the top of the left-hand pane, should be "Downloads". Click on that and see if you can find your downloaded file. That's the file you really want to back up, along with the license key you were sent.

Hope that helps.