• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
kamalsaha

Casette Tape Transfer To Cd Using Toast Audio Conversion

Question

I was able to convert Casette tape music to CD in a PC and then to ITune. But since 18 months with I can not do this in IMac. I have toast 11.2 for Mac. Is there a way I can record in Roxio Toast and then burn CD? The track name or numbers are not there as there analog cassettes. Can I add the track names also?

Please advice, as Toast customer service in Roxio is practically does not exist.

Thanks,

kamal

1 answer to this question

Toast comes with Spin Doctor X which was supposed to do this but it does not work. Don't even try to use it. You can capture audio connected to the audio input of the Mac with QuickTime Player. There are some other audio capture apps you can try. See if Final Vinyl is still available from Griffin Tech. They provided it free because they also sold a USB product called the iMic which was good for analog-to-digital capture. As I recall it lets you mark tracks.

You need to add individual tracks to Toast as it does not have a way to separate tracks. You can name the tracks there before burning the audio CD but you should know that computers and most audio CD players do not read CD Text from the disc. Computers download the track information from the online Gracenote CD database for a CD that has a matching number of tracks and track lengths. After burning your custom audio CD you'll need to manually enter the track information in iTunes after the disc is inserted. iTunes will remember it the next time you insert the disc.