Create A Firmware Disc That Supports Disc-At-Once Mode And Iso 9660 Cd-Rom File System Format Using Creator De 10.3

RocknRollTim

Question

Hi there,

Please could someone instruct me on how to create a firmware disc that supports disc-at-once mode and ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system format using Creator DE 10.3, I can find the disc-at-once mode in the program but not the ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system format option, I'm trying to create a firmware disc for our Sony DVD/Hard Drive Recorder (RDR-HXD870) by following the instructions in this link http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-rdrhxd-firmware-update-v170/RDR-HXD870 and don't want to waste any CD-R discs as I haven't got many left.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

12 answers to this question

I think you'll find that since it's just a single file, and a data disc, the ISO-9660 file system is what will be used, the session will be closed, and the disc will work without a problem by default.

Not what I found trying to burn the file using Creator 2011 Pro.

post-97-0-05936000-1401110923_thumb.jpg

You appear to be correct. Mine was defaulted as you show. He'll want to go into File -> Project Settings (assuming he has Creator Classic, or something equivalent) and change the File System co ISO9660.

post-61-0-25289400-1401111618_thumb.jpg

That is what I said in the first post!

Do you see ISO 9660 in my screen shot as a option?

And read what the red arrows point to?

My only option to get ISO 9660 in the mix is File System UDF 102 Bridge ISO 9660.

post-97-0-96115500-1401112380_thumb.jpg

Sure I saw the red arrows, but he's not creating either of those options, it's not multi-disc, or encrypted. It's just a plain-jane data disc that he wants.

Nor did I see the ISO9660 option when I first looked at mine, I had to scroll up to get to it, it was not at all obvious. I first noticed it in the "bridge" section, as you show, but when I played around with the File System, and changed it to Joliet, I found that ISO9660 is also an option, once it became visible. Since it's an older file system, I would hope that he has that option as well.

Looking at the various flavors of file systems, if he doesn't have the option for ISO9660, then Joliet would be the next best choice, since it's an extension of ISO9660, which allows for longer file names. His single file won't violate the ISO9660 standards and so might work okay.

Yep... pretty weird, huh? Actually, for DVDs I think UDF 102 is the de facto standard. I tried putting a CD-R in my drive to see if it went back to at least Joliet, but I didn't see that happen. I just wrote a disc with that file, and it wrote it as UDF, so that's definitely got to be a manual change.

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say thank you for posting your suggestions within my thread and secondly I would like to apologise for not getting back to you sooner. I have attached a screenshot of the options I used to create the disc, however the player unfortunately doesn't recognise the disc in order to perform the firmware upgrade, should I have used ISO + Joliet or should I have used ISO Level 2 as the File System type?

I confirm I am using the Dell version of the program.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

post-118521-0-41145500-1402435649_thumb.jpg

Tim,

the Sony page says

"3.Burn the update file onto a new blank CD-R disc or completely erased CD-RW disc using disc-at-once mode and ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system format"

You were using a format with UDF involved.

Since your reduced-function version of Creator doesn't have Creator Classic, just use

DAO, closed,

Mode 1,

and ISO Level 2.

post-208-0-39974100-1402441690_thumb.jpg

That should produce the CD you're needing.

Archived