TheFinal

Need Help, Software Isn't Recognizing Capture Card

Question

I just got my Roxio Capture HD Pro and im running into an issue recording my gameplay. I have my 360 hooked up to my RCC and when i go into the software to start recording, it doesnt even have the capture card in the options for source. I also cant acces the options menu or use the software at that point except exit. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

20 answers to this question

I just got my Roxio Capture HD Pro and im running into an issue recording my gameplay. I have my 360 hooked up to my RCC and when i go into the software to start recording, it doesnt even have the capture card in the options for source. I also cant acces the options menu or use the software at that point except exit. Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Did you install the software, BEFORE you plugged everything in? If not, Microsoft installed a driver for it, and it is the wrong driver.

First just try a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

IF that doesn't work, let us know. The key here is the Color of the 'No Signal' in Capture...

Green = software/drivers not right

Red = improper signal to the RGC Device

i repaired the software and rebooted. i launched the software and went into the capture and plugged in the capture card and it still didnt recognize it. the no signal is in green text still so i would assume i still have the wrong drivers

Go to your Device Manager and look under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers".

Do you have an entry for "Roxio GameCap HD Pro"?

That clears it up!

Until you fix the 3 computer items in the "Other Devices" the software will never install.

All my PC's came with a 'driver disc'. You need a similar disc to install the drivers for those items.

Lacking that, you need to figure out what specific hardware you have. Then locate the drivers on the web, download and install them ;)

Ok, I,ve looked into those devices and they came with my graphics card and motherboard. they even function perfectly fine. Is there something else I'm missing about this?

No something is wrong there or they would not be shown that way.

Until that is fixed it is not going to work :huh:

Pics should work... I have seen it whirl forever some times when I try to upload one :lol:

And now what does that device manager look like when you plug in the RGC device???

sorry for being gone just got back from vacation. while i was away i tried looking into it more and was wondering why it still doesnt show in my device manager. also i will be testing to see if it works on my laptop to see if my computer is the problem for not recognizing the device.