Sign in to follow this  
CinemaPhile

Video Copy & Convert W/subtitles

Question

Will whoever posted the following:

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

We see posts from time to time about VCC and Subtitles.

These posts either complain that VCC Includes the Subtitles in a conversion or that it Excludes them…

As far as Subtitles and VCC, they are only found in DVD Movies… :o You cannot have them in a Video File! If you have a video file with them, they are considered Hard subtitles and cannot be removed. If you want more info, Wikipedia is your friend: Wiki ;)

For testing, I have created a very short DVD Movie sample with 2 (Eng & FR) subtitles in it. You can download it from this location: HERE

please permit access to the link at HERE.

Clicking on the link in your post results in an error 403, "forbidden. . . " message. I still can't figure out the reason Roxio ignores my settings selections, and want to read more.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Yes that Host Site went out of business and I have not posted them elsewhere...

I did mention that in the other Topic you started when I linked to the text you quoted... We closed that Topic as what you are copying is not legal.

If these troublesome files are indeed legal, give me a link to them and I will be happy to download and take a look at them -_-

These are legal copies. I'll one or two up on Plex, Box, or Dropbox, but may need your Email address and don't expect you to post it here; I'll have to check first which file x-fer/share is best, and how to get you access to my files.

The project has moved to the back burner. When I'm ready, I'll ping you through the Roxio site.

Thanks