• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

durbino

Which File Format To Use To Make A Dvd That Will Auto Run In Dvd Player.app

Question

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is the right section -- please tell me if it isn't. With toast 10 on mac, I'd like to make a dvd that on insert will call DVD Player.app and automatically start playing. Now, what I achieved so far is to make a DVD that opens and runs the app, but the screen remains black and silent. I used a .mov file to burn, toast converted it to a number of files, stored in a VIDEO_TS folder, namely BUP, IFO and VOB files, two of each. But like I said, what looks like a video dvd structure to me, doesn't give sound nor image. Do I have to use a different format instead of .mov? Or where might my mistake be?

Thanks a lot

2 answers to this question

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is the right section -- please tell me if it isn't. With toast 10 on mac, I'd like to make a dvd that on insert will call DVD Player.app and automatically start playing. Now, what I achieved so far is to make a DVD that opens and runs the app, but the screen remains black and silent. I used a .mov file to burn, toast converted it to a number of files, stored in a VIDEO_TS folder, namely BUP, IFO and VOB files, two of each. But like I said, what looks like a video dvd structure to me, doesn't give sound nor image. Do I have to use a different format instead of .mov? Or where might my mistake be?

Thanks a lot

Follow this path: VIDEO > DVD-Video > Data > DVD-ROM (UDF)

Drop the entire VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD-ROM (UDF) window. Works every time for me. Just be sure to select DVD-ROM (UDF). If you select the default (Mac only), the disc won't work on your standalone DVD player.

The method you used should have worked. What DVD Player should have displayed was either the DVD menu or, if you chose either No menu or checked automatic play, the first video on the DVD should have automatically started playing. There is no special trick to this. It is what DVD Player is supposed to do when it sees a video DVD inserted. It sounds like something went wrong with how Toast created its menu, but that should not have happened.