• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
durbino

Which File Format To Use To Make A Dvd That Will Auto Run In Dvd Player.app

Question

Hello.

(Already posted this in the Toast DVD Section, seems to be wrong) --- With toast 10 on mac, I'd like to make a dvd that on insert will call DVD Player.app and automatically start playing. Now, what I achieved so far is to make a DVD that opens and runs the app, but the screen remains black and silent. I used a .mov file to burn, toast converted it to a number of files, stored in a VIDEO_TS folder, namely BUP, IFO and VOB files, two of each. But like I said, what looks like a video dvd structure to me, doesn't give sound nor image. Do I have to use a different format instead of .mov? Or where might my mistake be?

Thanks a lot

1 answer to this question

Sounds like you did it right. In order for it to start playing automatically there is a check box in the Toast window to "Auto-play disc on insert." If that is not checked then the menu should appear when DVD Player launches. The automatic launching of DVD Player is a setting in your Mac's System Preferences so you don't need to change that.

I can't think of a reason your DVD isn't showing the menu or starting playback. Have you tried it in a DVD player?