Scotto

All Pictures Burn To Black

Question

I use Roxio Creator 2012 to make slide shows using pictures. I do have the premium upgrade. In the past I've been able to make great slide shows. I sometimes had to start several times but it eventually would work.

Now every time I try to burn my show the pictures all burn completely black and just the music plays on the DVD. I did get a different camera. I loved making these shows for family members.

Please help with some instructions that a not so great computer guy can understand. Thanks

7 answers to this question

We will try the 'resize' solution... We will make your source Photos smaller and see if that works!

To do that the first thing is create a new folder to work from and copy 10 photos that you know are not working into that folder.

Repeat: COPY them into that folder so your originals remain untouched!!!

Then open the 'Enhance Multiple Photos' -- Add the the 10 test victims -- and resize them to 720 X 480

post-39730-0-18842600-1402573364_thumb.jpg

Now start a new test slideshow and try these 10 in there ;)

If it works we can talk some more about how to approach this...

Digital Guru

I followed your instructions ad made a new folder with 10 pictures and it burnt like a champ. Plays on both the TV an the computer. It still scrambled the 10 pictures but that didn't matter on test disk. The pictures were a little less clear but watchable on a 54 inch HD TV. Pictures were 6 to 11 meg each jpegs and the original show had 400 pictures. This program is so good but could be so much better if they would only fix some of the small things.

NO difference in clarity - impossible!

DVD's, be they "Slideshows" or Movies are capable of a maximum of 720 X 480 or less.

Please detail what program you are using, I have been guessing it is Roxio Slideshow Assistant (at top of window).

One place you trip up here is when you switch to MyDVD for burning. You want to double check, every time, that it is set to HQ in the lower right! Also look under File - Project Settings - to make sure the Bitrate is over to 9.00 mbps ;)

Please explain 'scrambled'???

Digital Guru

I'll give you the impossible on picture quality because I don't see slide shows enough to know the difference and I'll gladly take the same quality as before. When I said the 10 picture were scrambled I meant they were numbered 1-10 and the software didn't put them in that order. It always has mixed them up and you have to then rearrange them in the slide show.

Mixed up HOW?

It uses DOS Sorting based on names... In the happy world of DOS, Zero comes before One :D Also I seem to recall one or two versions of Windows that loaded in order Except the first one in a group always loaded last :wacko:

Other than those examples was it out of order more that those?

Best way to beat these Windows quirks is to use numbering like 01, 02... 10, 11, etc.

Should you exceed 99, then use a 3, character format like 001, 002, etc. ;)

I am curious, about the original pictures. Where do they come from and what quality?

What are you playing them on?

And did you re-check those things I mentioned?

If I load a 400 picture folder to a slide show about 40 pictures will end up out of order. All pictures are numbered in order. The pictures come from my Nikon D7100 camera and are shot as high res jpegs not raw. Some pictures are cropped but if they are not they go at 11 megs each.

If they are played back on the TV it is through a blue-ray player. If through the computer it is with a DVD player.

I have been resizing my pictures 10 at a time like you said so it takes along time to get 400 done so I haven't tried a new show yet of 400 but 10 worked ok. Do I like it? No but I'll do it to get a slide show.

Did you renumber all 400 pictures from 000 to 400 (using 3 digits as the prefix all the time)? There are programs available that can be used to batch rename all pictures at once.

How long in time is the total slideshow?

There have been several posts about "black" frames when picture sizes have been greater than 5 or 6 megs

Edited by myguggi