• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rob__Page

Software Crashes While Livestreaming

Question

Hello,

I recently brought a Roxio Game Capture Pro HD and I am using the software that came packaged with the capture device for livestreaming to Twitch. After about 20 minutes of good quality streaming the software suddenly stops responding and I am sent offline on Twitch. Anyone know how to fix this? My software is saying it is version 1.0 however when I try and patch to 1.3 it says it is fully updated. So I am in a predicament where I don't seem to be able to update to 1.3 and the software is crashing while I am broadcasting.

Cheers!

7 answers to this question

Alright so an update... For some reason it now won't stream to Twitch at all, I have signed in through the software as I did before, I hit the start streaming button and it appears to work. Only it isn't actually streaming... What's going on, I've gone through the settings a million times and nothing works. Also in the previous post I said about how my version might be outdated, it isn't the 1.3 update I mentioned was for Roxio Game Capture HD not Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. So I am fully updated. Anyone else having these problems or know how to fix it? This is causing me nothing but trouble...

Another bit of information I've found while going through forum after forum is that I'm not the only person who has been having trouble with this. This reviewer (http://stevivor.com/review/roxio-game-capture-hd-pro/) states that he was having the exact same problems as me and that they eventually just stopped happening. I hope it stops for me as well. Still does anyone know what the problem actually is?

Yes, but as I said above Roxio won't stream to Twitch at all now. I'm having to record the preview screen with OBS in order to get it to work. But this obviously isn't ideal and makes the quality of the stream worse.

for now, that is the only answer that I am aware of -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin
fix spelling

Ok, I think (I really do hope) I've figured out what the problem is. All it is, is that you need to have the Roxio disc in while you are streaming and it seems to work.

Ok, I think (I really do hope) I've figured out what the problem is. All it is, is that you need to have the Roxio disc in while you are streaming and it seems to work.

That makes NO Sense as the program does not access an instillation disc at anytime...