canGL2

Emc 8 And Nxt Incompatible

Question

Roxio Easy Creator 8 "Copy DVD" used to compress and burn a DVD image (video_ts folder) but Creator NXT does not seem to have this function of burning a DVD from the file.

I just installed NXTand it hijacks the blank DVD from Creator 8 so I just get coasters now and can no longer burn with 8. It's not a big deal as I can always start Studio 14 and burn from there, but the Creator 8 function was faster and easier. I can use "Create a data disk" to do a direct copy but this does not appear to compress the movie if a bit over the 4.7GB.

This thread was the closest I could find to the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry, I have no idea how this got into this thread. The one I thought I was in had relevant information.

Edited by canGL2

12 answers to this question

Roxio Easy Creator 8 "Copy DVD" used to compress and burn a DVD image (video_ts folder) but Creator NXT does not seem to have this function of burning a DVD from the file.

I just installed NXTand it hijacks the blank DVD from Creator 8 so I just get coasters now and can no longer burn with 8. It's not a big deal as I can always start Studio 14 and burn from there, but the Creator 8 function was faster and easier. I can use "Create a data disk" to do a direct copy but this does not appear to compress the movie if a bit over the 4.7GB.

This thread was the closest I could find to the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry, I have no idea how this got into this thread. The one I thought I was in had relevant information.

"Create a data disc" has notjing to do with video - it would treat any video file as data and cannot create a video DVD. It also does not compression whatsoever.

What operating system are you running. EMC 8 of course does not run under W7 or W8

...and just to be clear, what is the file extension? Guessing either .ISO or a VIDEO_TS folder within another (mydvd?) folder.

BOTH can be burned but there is absolutely Nothing in NXT that "takes over" anything :lol:

Now there are Windows associations... And there are some Auto Actions that can take place both of which might be construed by the casual PC user as taking over ;)

Since we can't see your PC, we need for you to clear this up. Then we will know what to suggest ;)

Hello,

In EMC 8 'Copy DVD Movies' was performed by Roxio Disc Copier which had the ability to easily recode a DVD movie to fit a single-layer DVD. That ability has been stripped from the copiers in NXT, and you need to go through a more convoluted process.

When you install a Creator version it pre-programs various commands into your system so you can have some actions done automatically. When you installed Creator NXT on top of EMC 8, a number of EMC8's commands and functions were taken over by Creator NXT. [be thankful you weren't installing it over Creator 2012, as NXT uninstalls very large amounts of Creator 2012]

If you want to have EMC 8 take back the commands and functions that NXT has taken over, you could try reinstalling EMC 8 but you might find they will continue to interact and cause you problems.

If that happens, your best course would be to cleanly uninstall both suites and then reinstall only the one you want to keep.

Newer is not always better.

Paste from Word does not work!

My system is:

HP xw 6200 Workstation

XP Pro SP3

Xeon 3.4GHz CPU

3.4Gz 3GB DDR3 RAM

NVDIA GeForce GT220

LG GH22LP20 burner

This site has a problem. I hae to wait 2 secs betwee chacters or this is what I get.

My VIDEO_TS file is 2.96 GB of 48 min home movies that burn and play from Studio 14.

Tried Creato 2011 system cleaer. Too painful to continu.

This site has a problem. I hae to wait 2 secs betwee chacters or this is what I get.

My VIDEO_TS file is 2.96 GB of 48 min home movies that burn and play from Studio 14.

Tried Creato 2011 system cleaer. Too painful to continu.

Turn off the spell checker in your browser, and see if that fixes your typing problem. The I.P.Board software seems to have an issue with the spell checker in some browsers.

Bad enough I'm having to learn Win7 on this Lenovo T400.

Thanks that seems to have helped bu not completely fixed the typing problem.

Paste still does not work. ONLY on this site

I have uninstalled EMC8 & NXT, run the 2011 system cleaner and reinstalled NXT but it still

"burns for a few minutes to 100%, goes to 0% then stays at 99% for up to 20 mins with spinning & led flashing before spitting out an unplayable DVD".

This is yet another different computer (XP). Typing and paste works.

This is what I was trying to say:

Compress and burn DVD image (VIDEO_TS) does not work.

Roxio Creator NXT was installed on my computer but will not burn a readable DVD from COPY AND CONVERT VIDEO > COPY DVD > From: BROWSE FOR DISK IMAGE/DVD-VIDEO FOLDER. The VIDEO_TS file is 48 min (2.96 GB) and was created in Studio 14 from home movies. NXT burnt a good image once with a +R single side DVD but will not burn –R or dual layer disks. I tried various brands. The Video_ts image is good and plays from various methods. Creator NXT will burn good DVDs if I use the Data disk function but this function won’t compress a slightly larger file to fit a 4.7 GB DVD. I mention this to prove the image has nothing wrong with it. Studio 14 reliably burns good DVDs, including this movie. I have now wasted almost two days and have a stack of useless single and dual layer DVDs. Has anyone with an XP computer used this function successfully?

Roxio Easy Creator 8 worked fine to do this function before I un-installed it to load the new Creator NXT.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Creator NXT, I then tried uninstalling it and running the Creator 2011 System Cleaner before reinstalling it. It still does not work.

My system is:

HP xw6200 Workstation

XP Pro Version 2002 SP3

Xeon CPU 3.4 GHz

3.4 GH 3 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT220 Video

LG Super Multi GH22LP20 burner

This is yet another different computer (XP). Typing and paste works.

This is what I was trying to say:

Compress and burn DVD image (VIDEO_TS) does not work.

Roxio Creator NXT was installed on my computer but will not burn a readable DVD from COPY AND CONVERT VIDEO > COPY DVD > From: BROWSE FOR DISK IMAGE/DVD-VIDEO FOLDER. The VIDEO_TS file is 48 min (2.96 GB) and was created in Studio 14 from home movies. NXT burnt a good image once with a +R single side DVD but will not burn –R or dual layer disks. I tried various brands. The Video_ts image is good and plays from various methods. Creator NXT will burn good DVDs if I use the Data disk function but this function won’t compress a slightly larger file to fit a 4.7 GB DVD. I mention this to prove the image has nothing wrong with it. Studio 14 reliably burns good DVDs, including this movie. I have now wasted almost two days and have a stack of useless single and dual layer DVDs. Has anyone with an XP computer used this function successfully?

Roxio Easy Creator 8 worked fine to do this function before I un-installed it to load the new Creator NXT.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Creator NXT, I then tried uninstalling it and running the Creator 2011 System Cleaner before reinstalling it. It still does not work.

My system is:

HP xw6200 Workstation

XP Pro Version 2002 SP3

Xeon CPU 3.4 GHz

3.4 GH 3 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT220 Video

LG Super Multi GH22LP20 burner

What is this "Creator 2011 System Cleaner" you keep mentioning and why are your running it when you do not even have Creator 2011?

The data disc function cannot compress video files nor is it meant to do that.

What is this "Creator 2011 System Cleaner" you keep mentioning and why are your running it when you do not even have Creator 2011?

The data disc function cannot compress video files nor is it meant to do that.

Didn't you know, Walt? The Creator 2011 System Cleaner is recommended in the Corel KnowledgeBase for

as a last resort and will work with Creator 2011, Creator 2012, Creator 2012 Pro, Creator NXT, & Creator NXT Pro. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure the Creator 2011 System Cleaner works properly.

See http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000015955-Complete-uninstall-instructions-for-Creator-2011-2012-NXT?&page=1&topicCategory=INS&keyWords=complete%20uninstall&sb=new&source=kba

It's actually a batch file which runs the creator installer with a 'cleansystem' switch to make it run in reverse and uninstall the suite. We have used it for years, and it's employed up to and including Creator NXT 2, despite it being named C2011_CleanSystem.bat

Regards,

Brendon

Copy and convert is supposed to compress and it did, once, for a single layer -R DVD. I assume it works but the stack of unplayable DVDs continues to grow.

NXT does not burn to a single layer +R with a 2.6 GB file. It will not burn a dual layer +R (Philips x8)

Easy Creator 8 never has burnt a dual layer which is why I bought NXT

I know that copy won't do the things I want. I mentioned it to show the burner works.

Thanks NZ