• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

BenBen

What Game Capture Hd Does? It Will Take Presure Off My Computer?

Question

everytime i capture a game session i feel that my fps drops.

my question is if GAME CAPTURE HD will take the pressure out of my computer and record without my fps being dropped?

20 answers to this question

Are you trying to capture games that you are playing on your PC? Are you currently using something like the Roxio Game Capture for PCs program? If so, then to use the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro will require a second PC. And yes, that should reduce the load on the PC that you're playing the games on. Trying to capture PC game play using the RGC HD Pro on the same PC that's playing the games is not recommended.

If you're using a game console, like an XBox, or PlayStation, let us know.

im playing on pc. i dont use anything. just asking if i will connect ROXIO GAME CAPTURE to my computer than record a gameplay it will reduce my lag?

I suspect it will (no guarantees), as long as it is connected to a different computer, not the computer you're playing on. Tell us the specs of the computer you're using, processor type and speed, available RAM, available disk space, video card type...

Do you have a second computer to use for capturing?

I suspect it will (no guarantees), as long as it is connected to a different computer, not the computer you're playing on. Tell us the specs of the computer you're using, processor type and speed, available RAM, available disk space, video card type...

Do you have a second computer to use for capturing?

I dont use second computer for capturing, i wanna do all with 1 computer. this is why i wanna buy the capture card. so my computer doesnt have to capture, the card will do it instead so my computer will be faster.

am i right?

No... because the capture requires quite a bit of processing power as well. You can't disable the preview window using the RGC HD device. It won't work as you want. That's why I said it will only work if you use a second computer for the capture.

You still haven't told us the specs of the computer that you are using.

No... because the capture requires quite a bit of processing power as well. You can't disable the preview window using the RGC HD device. It won't work as you want. That's why I said it will only work if you use a second computer for the capture.

You still haven't told us the specs of the computer that you are using.

so if i will use 2 computers. 1 for gaming and another 1 for recording. this will take the pressure out of my gaming computer??

record pc:

cpu: intel pentium D 935

graphic card: ati radeon x300

ram: 3.2GB

gaming pc:

cpu: intel xeon 5150 (i have 2 of this cpu double cpu)

graphic card: nvidia geforce 550 ti

ram: 8GB

Edited by BenBen

Well, you can try it, but your recording PC doesn't look like it meets the minimum requirements for capturing using the RGC HD unit, which calls for a dual core processor. Your Pentium D isn't dual core, from what I see.

But, since you apparently have all the hardware, there's no good reason not to try it out and see if your capture PC actually does handle it.

In your first post, you said that when you run the RGC HD unit while you game, your frame rate drops. Obviously, if you're not capturing with the same PC that's running the game, the frame rate should go back where you expect it.

Well, you can try it, but your recording PC doesn't look like it meets the minimum requirements for capturing using the RGC HD unit, which calls for a dual core processor. Your Pentium D isn't dual core, from what I see.

But, since you apparently have all the hardware, there's no good reason not to try it out and see if your capture PC actually does handle it.

In your first post, you said that when you run the RGC HD unit while you game, your frame rate drops. Obviously, if you're not capturing with the same PC that's running the game, the frame rate should go back where you expect it.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/6ro7yw.jpg full specs of my record pc cpu.

in my first post i said that when i use record program as "Fraps" my frame rate drops. I dont have the RGC HD unit yet. im looking forward to buy it if it will lower my fps.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/6ro7yw.jpg full specs of my record pc cpu.

in my first post i said that when i use record program as "Fraps" my frame rate drops. I dont have the RGC HD unit yet. im looking forward to buy it if it will lower my fps.

Okay, but logically, the same thing applies, if you're not running "Fraps" on your gaming PC, then your fps will be back up. If you're not running the RGC HD unit on the same PC that you're gaming on, it won't take any processing power from the gaming PC.

But, since you don't have it (the RGC HD), then I would still caution you that the PC you're proposing to capture with may not have enough processing power to capture properly.

Here are the minimum requirements:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html?rTrack=b_gamecapture#tab-requirements=0

Okay, but logically, the same thing applies, if you're not running "Fraps" on your gaming PC, then your fps will be back up. If you're not running the RGC HD unit on the same PC that you're gaming on, it won't take any processing power from the gaming PC.

But, since you don't have it (the RGC HD), then I would still caution you that the PC you're proposing to capture with may not have enough processing power to capture properly.

Here are the minimum requirements:

http://www.roxio.com...-requirements=0

so how to connection will work?

i connect the the gaming pc the usb and than i connect gaming pc screen to the game capture??

Okay... so it looks like your capture PC should be fast enough to capture with.

If you're running an HDMI cable between your gaming PC and your TV/Monitor, then you'll be hooked up similar to the "XBox" image, only instead of an XBox, you'll have your gaming PC there.

The Capture PC will be connected to the RGC HD with the USB cable.

Your Gaming PC will have an HDMI cable going to the RGC HD, and then you'll have another HDMI cable going from the RGC HD to your TV.

If you're not using an HDMI cable, does your gaming PC have an HDMI output? (And does your monitor/TV have an HDMI input?)

Okay... so it looks like your capture PC should be fast enough to capture with.

If you're running an HDMI cable between your gaming PC and your TV/Monitor, then you'll be hooked up similar to the "XBox" image, only instead of an XBox, you'll have your gaming PC there.

The Capture PC will be connected to the RGC HD with the USB cable.

Your Gaming PC will have an HDMI cable going to the RGC HD, and then you'll have another HDMI cable going from the RGC HD to your TV.

If you're not using an HDMI cable, does your gaming PC have an HDMI output? (And does your monitor/TV have an HDMI input?)

no, i have only VGA and DVI

also my screens. i dont use tv to play i use computer screen my living room tv has hdmi

Edited by BenBen

At this point, I'd be tempted to say, "nevermind". The RGC HD only accepts HDMI or Component (separate RGB cables, not Composite, single yellow) signals. You'd have to get adapters/converters to go from VGA/DVI to HDMI/Component and back. There are lots of ways that could all fail.

I'd be tempted to spend your money on a faster gaming PC or video card that could capture/stream using your FRAPS application at faster frame rates.

Well, you already knew that the RGC requires either Component or HDMI input, so, did you get a DVI/VGA -> HDMI/Component adapter?

i got 1 but i need two right?? 1 for the input and 1 for the output.

thanks for the help!

Right... you need one to go from VGA/DVI to HDMI or Component, and then you need the reverse one too, to go from Component or HDMI back to DVI/VGA, if you're going to do it that way. Alternatively, you could just split the signal coming out of your Game Play PC and send it to both the RGC Pro HD, and also directly to your monitor. (See second diagram.)

As for connections, using both adapters, the PC you're recording with will have a USB cable going to the RGC HD Pro device. Make sure you don't connect that USB cable until after you install the software and drivers!

Then,

from your gaming PC, the video connection will go to the DVI/VGA -> Component/HDMI adapter

from that adapter, there will be either component or HDMI cables to the RGC HD Pro input

from the RGC HD Pro output, Component or HDMI cable(s) to the Component/HDMI -> DVI/VGA adapter

from that adapter a VGA or DVI cable to your monitor.

post-61-0-31331300-1409402291_thumb.png

post-61-0-40535100-1409402633_thumb.png

Right... you need one to go from VGA/DVI to HDMI or Component, and then you need the reverse one too, to go from Component or HDMI back to DVI/VGA, if you're going to do it that way. Alternatively, you could just split the signal coming out of your Game Play PC and send it to both the RGC Pro HD, and also directly to your monitor. (See second diagram.)

As for connections, using both adapters, the PC you're recording with will have a USB cable going to the RGC HD Pro device. Make sure you don't connect that USB cable until after you install the software and drivers!

Then,

from your gaming PC, the video connection will go to the DVI/VGA -> Component/HDMI adapter

from that adapter, there will be either component or HDMI cables to the RGC HD Pro input

from the RGC HD Pro output, Component or HDMI cable(s) to the Component/HDMI -> DVI/VGA adapter

from that adapter a VGA or DVI cable to your monitor.

post-61-0-31331300-1409402291_thumb.png

post-61-0-40535100-1409402633_thumb.png

wow you helped me alot! i will report when all the connections will be done!