Question

(Creator Pro 2011) My movie preview hangs up at the text box for a couple of seconds as the indicator reaches it. The audio continues but the visual and text stop and then jumps to the place it should be after a couple of seconds. The text is scrolling text but it does it no matter the setting. It is also at a dissolve transition point but I've played with that with no results. It so upsetting because it's the ending credits "B-roll" and the last element of the video. The needle indicator hangs as well as the counter. I have a:

Gateway, DX4822, Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz each. 6.00 GB of ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Video Card with 1 GB of DDR3 ram, 834 GB HHD free .

post-101349-0-47872400-1403245965_thumb.jpg

Edited by David2012

8 answers to this question

HDD Free space is very important and you left it out...

You need to switch to Software Render and try it there.

Looks like a lot going on there in your project. What does all of it look like?

What else is going on with your PC at this time?

Keep in mind that in the preview the program is doing all the processing "live". If you actually render your output to a new file, and play that new file, you'll most likely find that it plays smoothly because all the rendering is all done, and it's just playing it back at that point.

I have 834 GB of 916 GB free. I also have another problem that's just popped up. I tried to make my own template for rendering and the create video file in the Make Movie window is below the bottom of the window but only with the Windows Media Video 9 1280x720 vbr. setting which happens to be the setting I use to render for YouTube uploads. I use that one for various reasons. But the render window can't be expanded or shorten. Edited by David2012

I have 834 GB of 916 GB free. I also have another problem that's just popped up. I tried to make my own template for rendering in the create video file in the Make Movie window but the tab is below the bottom of the window but only with the Windows Media Video 9 1280x720 vbr. setting which happens to be the setting I use to render for YouTube uploads. I use that one for various reasons. But the render window can't be expanded or shorten. I've re-installed after uninstall and tried various work arounds but only with some fleeting success but it has been hit or miss. None seems to be permanent. You asked about the project. This is a 7 minute video 7.50 second photo trim and 2.50 second dissolve transitions. with one wipe. Only two text boxes one only a few seconds which doesn't hang and the other is 2 min 19 sec. I can't show it as the song writer hasn't OK'd a release as of yet. I just finished a Lord Of The Ring in 25 minutes pictorial with around 500 photos with more than half that many sound bites. I had opening and ending credits with no hangups. Of course I didn't use the pan and zoom editor on it. Maybe I'll try that in a re-edit. http://youtu.be/ASUjD5oqXI0

post-101349-0-32714500-1403319478_thumb.jpg

Edited by David2012

Keep in mind that in the preview the program is doing all the processing "live". If you actually render your output to a new file, and play that new file, you'll most likely find that it plays smoothly because all the rendering is all done, and it's just playing it back at that point.

You are correct but in the other post with Jim_Hardin I've run into another problem.

The window/button issue is self induced... ;)

1024 X 768 32bit minimum

96 DP I (Control Panel – Display – Smaller – 100% (default)

The window/button issue is self induced... ;)

1024 X 768 32bit minimum

96 DP I (Control Panel – Display – Smaller – 100% (default)

just stumbled on that. Thanks anyway. wow I was watching the rifleman and a guy was looking at a piece of paper and kinda adjusted the distance to read it and it dawned on me that the font was to large. I would still like to get the other problem cured perhaps this'll clear it up too. Edited by David2012

So Chuck Conners continues to save the day??? :lol::D:lol:

I am hoping someone else will chime in here with some help... We have seen this sort of issue from time to time, but I do not have any notes on it or more importantly, the cure :huh: