bnkesser@aol.com

Tivotogo Playback Password Endless Loop

Question

I just installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite and now I'm stuck in an enless loop with TivoToGo requesting a Playback Password. No password I enter and even rebooting doesn't allow me to exit the loop. I think there is a conflict between TivoToGo and Roxio Media Manager Services. I can end the loop by killing the following service:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe

How can I resolve this issue? Uninstall?

Thanks,

Brian

5 answers to this question

Brian -- join the band of people who purchased easymedia 8 for it's compatibility with TiVo and found the opposite -- the only way to solve this problem (c'mon roxio, take the challenge, prove me wrong) is to open your file watcher preferences in Media Manager (services icon in the system tray) and untick the tivo folder -- wait until you try to burn a tivo dvd, that's even more fun good luck

I just installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite and now I'm stuck in an enless loop with TivoToGo requesting a Playback Password. No password I enter and even rebooting doesn't allow me to exit the loop. I think there is a conflict between TivoToGo and Roxio Media Manager Services. I can end the loop by killing the following service:

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks,

Brian

The playback password issue happens when those files are being accessed by RoxWatch.

The easiest thing to do is either stop roxwatch (right click on the media manager services icon in the system tray and choose to stop watching folders) or excluse your TiVo directory from being included in that scan.

:)

I upgraded to 8.05 and now I cannot get out of the loop. If I kill C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxMediaDB.exe, will I be able to get into the Media Manager and fix this?

I guess I'm upset a little about this for two reasons. 1.) If I upgrade, the system should keep my configurations and this didn't do that and 2.) The latest version of TivoToGo doesn't use this password, so why does Roxio continue to make this software ask for it?

Please let me know what I can do, otherwise I guess I will uninstall this piece of software and do something else.

Thanks for whatever help.

Tom

patatrox,

Do you know if there will be a fix for this issue? My feeling is that if this package is to be compatible with TIVO files, Roxwatch should be included. Just my 2 cents :)

Brian Palmer

The playback password issue happens when those files are being accessed by RoxWatch.

The easiest thing to do is either stop roxwatch (right click on the media manager services icon in the system tray and choose to stop watching folders) or excluse your TiVo directory from being included in that scan.

Thanks,

Brian

You may be using Tivo Desktop V2.0. V2.2 eliminated the Password thing. Download it from www.tivo.com.