mwinterton

Open CD cannot be copied or added to

Question

I have several archived photo discs which I kept open and added new photos as produced.

I can no longer add to these discs, nor can I copy them.

I gather from other posts that I will have to close these discs and/or copy the photos onto new discs. Can they be kept open in the future if I don't drag or "send to" the disc?

Thank you for your help; in general the package seems to be working well.

MW

3 answers to this question

If you use Creator Classic and uncheck 'Read Only', you create a disc that has finalized sessions and can still add more to it later.

As for the discs you have, I don't use Drag to Disc so someone else needs to help you with that. Sounds like these discs are older Direct CD formatted (?).

So you were adding data to a disc through one of the burning programs, presumably Creator or Home Data, and one day it was not appendable, right? Usually something has to happen for that to just happen.

You mentioned Drag to Disc. This program is a stand alone application that is not meant to work together with other applications so you can't write with Creator and then append with Drag to Disc or vice versa. It may let you, there won't be any error messages, but the formatting on the disc will get really messed up and lead to some very confusing results. In short, if you want to use Drag to Disc, only use Drag to Disc. If you want to append to discs with Creator or Home Data, just use those applications. Don't combine them and you shouldn't have any problems where the discs become unappendable.