• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

johnnyenmiami

iPod now supports higher resolution, How Do I do it with Popcorn?

Question

Wit yesterdays new ipod announcement, the new ipods support playback of 640 x 480 H.264 videos. I have been unable to succesfully convert a video at this quality that the ipod will support. Here is what Apple's website says about the newly supported formats. "Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats." What am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP. PS i downloaded a video with the new resolution standard from the iTunes store and its freaking AMAZING.

15 answers to this question

You should be able to select H.264 in Popcorn and export by setting the profiles correctly. I haven't tried it yet though.

;-) I know that it should but it isn't or I am not doing something right? Any Ideas at what I should set them to?

So I assume you selected Video iPod in Popcorn export settings,

Then you select Custom.

Video Format: H.264

Data Rate: < 1500

Image Size: 640x480

Frame Rate: 30

Under Video Options select:

Baseline (deselect main)

I've export some files, but I don't have my iPod right now to check them. It should work, unless Apple is doing something bad again :)

So I assume you selected Video iPod in Popcorn export settings,

Then you select Custom.

Video Format: H.264

Data Rate: < 1500

Image Size: 640x480

Frame Rate: 30

Under Video Options select:

Baseline (deselect main)

I've export some files, but I don't have my iPod right now to check them. It should work, unless Apple is doing something bad again :)

It doesn't work it is driving me nuts, lol. If you get it to work please let me know. I would be greatly appreciated

I would hope Roxio will have an upgrade to Popcorn primed and ready for release with the correct settings all ready and waiting ! One would hope.....!!

Is Toast a better alternative , by the way ?

Edited by Chops

I would hope Roxio will have an upgrade to Popcorn primed and ready for release with the correct settings all ready and waiting ! One would hope.....!!

so Popcorn 2 was released a few months back... now this new iPod is released that supports higher resolution files... so back then when Popcorn 2 was programmed, it should forsee the specifications for the new iPod that's not yet released and make compatible files with it... ok I got it...

I have to agree. Do you think with how tight lipped Apple is about upcoming product releases that we would know any more then the average consumer? We see their upcoming hardware when you see it.

I can imaging working with Apple must be tricky - and a bit of a gamble to do too much work pre-empting announcements.

Do you think there will be an update to Popcorn or is that highly unlikely ?

Thanks in advance.

So does toast support the new profile or can Popcorn video to the latest video IPOD profile 640x480 h.264 avc?

You can select your destination in Popcorn as h.264 player. Then for the quality you can choose custom. Then there are settings that you can adjust in there (the default is 640x480). I dont have a video iPod to test it on though.

You can select your destination in Popcorn as h.264 player. Then for the quality you can choose custom. Then there are settings that you can adjust in there (the default is 640x480). I dont have a video iPod to test it on though.

Does not work. The iPod uses "Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile" which I would guess Popcorn 2 does not support.

Guest ivanatrox

tested video iPod with firmware 1.2 and the file from Popcorn 2 works fine... Device: Video iPod

Quality: Custom then change the resolution

tested video iPod with firmware 1.2 and the file from Popcorn 2 works fine... Device: Video iPod

Quality: Custom then change the resolution

Unless you changed the video format you used MPEG-4 Improved, not H.264.