Sign in to follow this  
updj1

PLEXTOR PX-716UF hanging when extracting audio with Toast 7

Question

When using Toast 7 to extract audio tracks, my external PLEXTOR PX-716UF hangs during extraction of the first track, and often I can't Force Quit Toast until I turn off the Plextor drive. It just hangs and won't eject the disc manually. Yet Toast extraction works fine with two other burners I have tried. And the Plextor works fine in every other way. I bought the Plextor less than six months ago and it was swapped once before for this problem and putting marks on some of my discs. WIthout diagnosing any problems (apparently they don't care) Plextor swapped for a new unit which was dead on arrival. Sent that one back and got the current one which was working OK until last week with this hang problem. Plextor just issued another RMA for me but they have no idea why this is happening. Before I waste more time and shipping does anyone have any ideas on this problem?

1 answer to this question

Given the fact that it worked fine on other burners, I would say there is a problem with the plextor drive. Maybe a firmware update is available for that model that addresses this issue.