• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Gramps

Failure of DVD burn process

Question

Good evening.

I have been working on a project in VideoWave 7 for several weeks now and cannot burn the project to a DVD.

Information. I am using a Dell Inspirion 9300 with a DVD +/- RW burner and I am using 4x compatiable 4.7G DVD (-) RW discs.

The project is approximately 2.4G and incorporates JPEG photos, video (Quicktime and Media Player), as well as digital music.

The error message occurs in step 7 of the burn process and near the end of the sequence. I get "MS Visual C++ Runtime Error" and below in the box "Runtime Error!" and it shows "Program: Roxio\Roxio Media Creator"

Once I click on "Ok" an additional box appears with "R6025, -Pure Vital Function Call" error message.

All of the material used in the presentation is stored on an external 300G Seagate Hard Drive and I'm using a USB 2.0 cable vs. IEE 1394 or Firewire.

I know (think) Roxio works by creating filepath identifiers vs. actually pulling the material to the computer until the project is ready to be burned to the DVD. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not.

I updated my Easy Media Creator 7.5 lastnight and downloaded the updates off of the Roxio website but am still having no luck and getting the same error message.

I'm using Win XP Pro on my laptop.

Any help for this novice greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

8 answers to this question

Good evening.

I have been working on a project in VideoWave 7 for several weeks now and cannot burn the project to a DVD.

Information. I am using a Dell Inspirion 9300 with a DVD +/- RW burner and I am using 4x compatiable 4.7G DVD (-) RW discs.

The project is approximately 2.4G and incorporates JPEG photos, video (Quicktime and Media Player), as well as digital music.

The error message occurs in step 7 of the burn process and near the end of the sequence. I get "MS Visual C++ Runtime Error" and below in the box "Runtime Error!" and it shows "Program: Roxio\Roxio Media Creator"

Once I click on "Ok" an additional box appears with "R6025, -Pure Vital Function Call" error message.

All of the material used in the presentation is stored on an external 300G Seagate Hard Drive and I'm using a USB 2.0 cable vs. IEE 1394 or Firewire.

I know (think) Roxio works by creating filepath identifiers vs. actually pulling the material to the computer until the project is ready to be burned to the DVD. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not.

I updated my Easy Media Creator 7.5 lastnight and downloaded the updates off of the Roxio website but am still having no luck and getting the same error message.

I'm using Win XP Pro on my laptop.

Any help for this novice greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

Description of the R6025 run-time error in Visual C++

cdanteek

I'm not either Gramps!

Not much on this even when I searched, (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=07db2ef0d57bda0656957b04f6ed25ad&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=R6025)

Is this a new problem? Did it work before? Have you downloaded Microsoft updates lately?

Did you move the files for your project since they were made in the program?

Extra points for info here!

System make model, operating system and service packs, mother board, video card and driver version, and direct x version.

Most of this info can be found in XP start, programs, accessories, system tools, system information. Direct x version from the system information box tools, direct x diagnostic tool. When your in the system information, click the +'s on the left below system summary and look for status ok. Note if any are not ok!

Updating the program in the middle of a project might not of been the best thing to do, but you had the problem before and after?

You could try one thing. Take the first half of the project and try to process that to a DVD. If that works or doesn't try the second half.

cdanteek

From that MS explanation, my understanding of this proble, which I also posted about, is due to a programming error. ???

"Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called."

Looks like someone tried to cut corners to meet a deadline and got caught. :huh:

I found a KB info about updating the PX engine, which I have done a few minutes ago. I will reboot my system and try again that project I was tried to get done. :)

Cheers!

:D

Edited by Serge

Guest mlpasley
Good evening.

I know (think) Roxio works by creating filepath identifiers vs. actually pulling the material to the computer until the project is ready to be burned to the DVD. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not..

Have you tried burning to an 'image file' and then use the image file (.iso) to the DVD using Disk Copier? Sometimes breaking the burn into two processes.... rendering to an iso file on your main drive, then buring using Disk Copier will solve the problem.

If it freezes before it renders to an .iso file, please let us know. It's possible that the program is having trouble rendering one of those files in your production.

Gentlemen,

I was as frustrated as I could have possibly been for the last several days. In passing I noted one of my unused DVD -RW's stated on the tear away plastic "Warning: This product is intended for use only in 4X speed DVD-R/RW drives/recorders"

I couldn't figure out what speed my burner was so I just decided that I'd try a DVD +R with an up to "8X" capability.

Low and behold it ran like a champ and burned flawlessly. I think this is one of those things that could apply to many burner problems as I've seen several other threads on this topic.

Thank you to everyone who responded for my "cry for help" and it is very much appreciated.

Take care and S/F

V/R

Gramps

Have you tried burning to an 'image file' and then use the image file (.iso) to the DVD using Disk Copier? Sometimes breaking the burn into two processes.... rendering to an iso file on your main drive, then buring using Disk Copier will solve the problem.

If it freezes before it renders to an .iso file, please let us know. It's possible that the program is having trouble rendering one of those files in your production.

Thanks for coming back and telling of your fix!

I have never heard of a media causing a error like yours.

(R6025 run-time error in Visual C++)

cdanteek

well i am haveing the "virtual function call error r6025" along with "cannont read memory x__________" and cannot write memory x_______" three different dialoge boxes when i try to start dvd module from my dvd plus 7.0 home..... my laptop is only 4 months old so everything is up to date ,windows xp sp2 1024 ram AMD turion 64....vista compatable....