• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Theresa

Xingtone will not start

Question

I installed Easy Media Creator 9 with no problems...(I uninstalled v.8, deleted any registry files and leftover file folders and installed v9. I do have IE7 beta3. The computer is able to handle this little ol' program so I doubt if that is an issue (2GB Ram, 128MB video ATI, huge HD). Installation was uneventful - virus protections and antispyware closed off...)

I was checking out the features and found that Xingtones will not work. I have tried starting it through the Roxio interface and through Windows Explorer. I have reinstalled the progam - all with no luck. I went to the Xingtones website and found no help there.

Here is the error message:

++++++++

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:\...

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an usual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

+++++++++

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I installed Easy Media Creator 9 with no problems...(I uninstalled v.8, deleted any registry files and leftover file folders and installed v9. I do have IE7 beta3. The computer is able to handle this little ol' program so I doubt if that is an issue (2GB Ram, 128MB video ATI, huge HD). Installation was uneventful - virus protections and antispyware closed off...)

I was checking out the features and found that Xingtones will not work. I have tried starting it through the Roxio interface and through Windows Explorer. I have reinstalled the progam - all with no luck. I went to the Xingtones website and found no help there.

Here is the error message:

++++++++

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:\...

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an usual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

+++++++++

Any ideas?

It very well could be IE7 beta. Have you tried other parts of the program to see if they work? Roxio posted that EMC9 and IE7 beta together causes problems so until you remove it, you won't know if that's the cause even if it installed ok.

I have not uninstalled IE7 - I hate to do that unless absolutely necessary. I like IE7 :-)

However, I have read other posts regarding the problems with IE7 and realize it may be a possiblity.

However, I have been troubleshooting and by disabing my Logitech software for the mouse/keyboard, I don't get a Visual Basic Runtime Error. I get nothing. No error message, nothing. So, I am thinking that I have a conflict of software somewhere. I have just downloaded an updated driver for the mouseware and will try updating that. I already updated the video card driver a few minutes ago and that did not do the trick. I will post the results if it successful so we will know a 'case closed'... it would be nice if that was the problem but I won't hold my breath!

Theresa

I have not uninstalled IE7 - I hate to do that unless absolutely necessary. I like IE7 :-)

However, I have read other posts regarding the problems with IE7 and realize it may be a possiblity.

However, I have been troubleshooting and by disabing my Logitech software for the mouse/keyboard, I don't get a Visual Basic Runtime Error. I get nothing. No error message, nothing. So, I am thinking that I have a conflict of software somewhere. I have just downloaded an updated driver for the mouseware and will try updating that. I already updated the video card driver a few minutes ago and that did not do the trick. I will post the results if it successful so we will know a 'case closed'... it would be nice if that was the problem but I won't hold my breath!

Theresa

Remember that you do not have IE 7; you have either a beta version or release candidate 1 so you are going to have to change it later anyway when it becomes a fully functional release. V9 and IE7 will happily coexist then. You might also try reading all the other posts about V9 and IE7(prefinal). One person uninstalled IE7, did a repair install of V9 and reinstalled IE 7 and it worked with all the functions that person tried. I'm not sure it included Xingtones.

Ok. I uninstalled IE7 Beta 3 - no problems. I tried to do a repair for Easy Media Creator but since I downloaded the program, in order to do a repair the program needed to find an msi file which would reside on a nonexistant CD. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Problem remains.

Same error message and same behavior if I exit out of Logitech's setpoint program which was not running during the install.

Guest ivanatrox

Probably want to try Xingtone chat and email support if Xingtone is the only application that has problem