Sign in to follow this  
cwdjr

Cover Printing Problems With EMC 9

Question

I am using the Windows XP OS with all updates, and have plenty of spare disc space and plenty of memory. When I was using the EMC 7.5, I had no trouble printing a plain cover with a background color. I usually selected a very light gray and print out covers in B&W. I only need enough color to see where to cut out the cover to fit the jewel box. Also a Nero cover printer program is still working fine.

With the ECM 9, I can select a background color, and it shows up properly on the preview before printing. However on printing the background is not printed and you just get the text on white paper. However, if I select one of the built in cover styles that is a light color, the label produced by it prints out normally in B&W. Changing settings in windows to print background colors and images makes no difference.

I would be happy to use no background color if ECM9 can be set to print fine lines around the cover area, such as Nero can do, so that you can easily cut out the label. However I have not found how to do this on ECM 9, if it will do it at all.

3 answers to this question

Yes, you can do that. In the print dialog box, there should be a check box to print the outlines. I find the lines to be TOO thin and barely visible on both of my printers. But they are there.

post-49-1158465785.jpg

I am using the Windows XP OS with all updates, and have plenty of spare disc space and plenty of memory. When I was using the EMC 7.5, I had no trouble printing a plain cover with a background color. I usually selected a very light gray and print out covers in B&W. I only need enough color to see where to cut out the cover to fit the jewel box. Also a Nero cover printer program is still working fine.

With the ECM 9, I can select a background color, and it shows up properly on the preview before printing. However on printing the background is not printed and you just get the text on white paper. However, if I select one of the built in cover styles that is a light color, the label produced by it prints out normally in B&W. Changing settings in windows to print background colors and images makes no difference.

I would be happy to use no background color if ECM9 can be set to print fine lines around the cover area, such as Nero can do, so that you can easily cut out the label. However I have not found how to do this on ECM 9, if it will do it at all.

On the print page tick the box print outline.14009.jpg

Thanks to both of you who responded. With your help, I now can print a plain white front cover with outlines for cutting. I still don't know why there is the problem using background color, but I can live without it. I saved the first cover project I did with outlines. Now I only have to double click the saved project to go back to the final stage before printing. I just change the old title to the new one I want and print out. This saves a lot of time. I once did fancy covers. However I do so many now, that the faster the better. I now only do a fancy cover if I am sending a disc to someone else.