• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
cexner@accesscomm.ca

Text Disappears In Label Creator

Question

When I try to edit the track titles in label creator (EMC8), I can edit the text but, when I am done editing and click "done," the text disappears. The text box remains, but the content is gone. I have researched and found no answer. I have sent the question to the on-line tech personnel, but no one answers. I am quite frustrated with the customer support for this product. Has anyone had this problem? It did not happen in an earlier version I had. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Have you tried to see if the text is being sent to "back" so that it is hidden by whatever background you are using? Is the text defaulting to the same color as the background so you can't see it? Are you trying to apply one of the curved texts?

I think that there are so many other free label creating programs out there that I never use it. Some free programs will also load the information from the disc.

When I try to edit the track titles in label creator (EMC8), I can edit the text but, when I am done editing and click "done," the text disappears. The text box remains, but the content is gone. I have researched and found no answer. I have sent the question to the on-line tech personnel, but no one answers. I am quite frustrated with the customer support for this product. Has anyone had this problem? It did not happen in an earlier version I had. Thanks.

I have had this problem myself. I haven't tried it since upgrading to the 8.5 build, so I'm not sure if it was fixed there.

For some reason, clicking on "undo" or pressing <ctl>-z several times will make the missing text appear or re-appear. You will need to be careful not to undo too many times because you may undo the changes you made. :huh:

This is not the most elegant solution, but sometimes using your shoe when you need a hammer is all you can do :)

Hope this helps.

Just tried to add tracks to a track list with Label Creator (and with the 805 update) and the problem is still there. Using undo still works, however. I usually have to undo 2 times for the text to appear. If you are one of the lucky or talented ones that doesn't have to use undo a lot, it hides under the Edit menu. :huh: As I wrote before, you can also use <ctrl>-z to undo.

One hint: When you get to the last track you have added, make sure you have gone to the point where there's a "Click here to enter new Chapter" at the bottom of your list before you hit the OK button. If you don't, your last track will not be in the list :) Maybe a bit counter-intuitive, but if you think about it sideways, it makes a weird kind of sense :D

Why the text hides, I dunno. There may be a feature that does some neat thing elsewhere that just happens to cause this glitch for some people, at some times, on some machines. *sigh*

Anyway, hope this helps.

This is one of the reasons I went back to EMC 7.5 for labels etc

I have tried to see if it has been sent to the back etc with no avail.

OK there are some software packages around which are freebie's but EMC over the years has in my mind been sold as a media package - everything under one roof!

Well I put in a ticket for this problem on the 30th of Jan with one short answer that I had a conflict somewhere, no help or suggestion where I should look!

I have also recently done a clean install of EMC8 (just in case) there was a conflict with Anti-Virus etc

I have the new version 8.05 (Europe version).

I have just tried to put Text in on the Track list...it comes up quite happily in the edit box but when you click OK and you are left with the screen showing the label you cannot see any text at all........

I waited for the update in the hope that my problem would be solved without having to revert to older versions of the software.

Any ideas please....................