CGO777

Roxio Does Not Recognize Wav Files Created In Cubase Daw

Question

Hi - I use Cubase 6 Lite to create a radio program.

I have until now always been doing a final mix of the show in cubase and then a conversion of the finished show to mp3 using a very old copy of Roxio Easy Media Creator, both programs Cubase and Roxio running on an old XP machine. It all worked flawlessly. I produce my radio program in cubase, export a mix of the show to a WAV file, fly that into Roxio and do some global edits and then convert to mp3 in Roxio and send out to the radio station.

I have recently switched to a Windows 7 machine and purchased Roxio Easy CD and DVD ( red box )

to have access to the Roxio Audio Editor, but the audio editor won't see the WAV files cubase creates.

It tells me the WAV file is not a supported format. Whaaaat?

Cubase is working perfectly. Windows 7 machine is fine.

What is up with Roxio that it doesn't see the WAV files?

For the moment I am using iTunes to convert to mp3, but I want to use Roxio so I can edit.

I could edit in Cubase but Roxio is simpler.

Why doesn't Roxio see the WAV files created in Cubase 6 Lite?

Thanks, Carl

3 answers to this question

What are the specs on the Cubase .WAV files? Sample rate, sample size, channels...? Easy CD and DVD (red box) is more particular (limited) in what files it will accept, I think.

.... and what audio card do you have. High quality cards (like MAudio) have been known to cause issues because of high bit rate.