• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Gen1 Xbox 360 Component Red No Signal

badswell

Question

Hi all, just looking for some advice here. I recently purchased the RGC for use with my original 360. After some initial issues I went through the recommended tips of reinstall, repair, update, etc. After this, I decided to try the unit with my Xbox One which uses HDMI....and it worked perfectly. After swapping out HDMI for the 360 component cables & repowering up all the devices, I continue to get a red no signal issue. I just find it odd that it works perfectly with HDMI, but not with components....any suggesstions on things to try or what other info is needed? Appreciate it!

6 answers to this question

Jim - issue wasn't with HDMI....an HDMI device works perfectly (I tested it with an Xbox One to see if I could get it work). I was struggling with a component connection as it seemed to start up in Component, then start to errantly switch to HDMI when it shouldn't be.

Dewey - this did the trick! I didn't realize it didn't support 1080p which makes sense with the toggling as it was trying to interpret the signal. After I changed the 360 to send 1080i, all is good. Thanks!

Hi Jim - I saw that mentioned before but I couldn't find it in the 360 menu's. The signal & audio come throughs through perfect on the tv, just gets no signal on the game capture. I don't suppose you know where that option is on the 360? I'll give that a shot if I can find it.

Edit: after playing around a bit I think I found the xbox settings (the whole reset with right trigger & Y). I reset its display to 1080p & made sure the back plug is set for HD (and not TV). What's interesting is that on the capture unit, the indicator light initially is on the component setting which is good, but then it toggles to HDMI. Is there another play to reset this setting that you know of?

Good so far! The lights on the RGC Device are normal as it selects the input.

You do have HDMI selected in the Roxio Capture Software???

You should try a completly different device - a DVD or BD Player, ANYTHING with hdmi output, just to see if you can get past the red No Signal message ;)

Archived