Help

MyDVD Trial

Question

I am trying to install the trial of MyDVD 6. I fill out the screen with my e-mail address and the software downloads. Then I try to install it and it asks for the serial number which it claims was e-mailed to me. It wasn't. I have tried 4 times and there is no e-mail. Yes - I've looked in bulk, etc. This e-mail is not being sent.

Does anyone know how to get support without paying $35.00. If this software will do one particular thing I want it to do, I'll buy it but I can't find out.

Thanks...Help

I am trying to install the trial of MyDVD 6. I fill out the screen with my e-mail address and the software downloads. Then I try to install it and it asks for the serial number which it claims was e-mailed to me. It wasn't. I have tried 4 times and there is no e-mail. Yes - I've looked in bulk, etc. This e-mail is not being sent.

Does anyone know how to get support without paying $35.00. If this software will do one particular thing I want it to do, I'll buy it but I can't find out.

Thanks...Help

Trial software (from virtually all vendors) come "as is" with no support.

That said, where did you get the trial version of MyDVD 6 from? I don't see it anywhere on the Sonic website.

Thanks...Help

MyDVD is a program by Sonic. At a later point in time than MyDVD 6, Sonic bought the Roxio name and software from a company that at that time was called "Roxio" but has since changed its name to "Napster".

ECD/DVDC 6 was issued by the company that was known at that time as Roxio. It has absoutely nothing to do with MyDVD.

After Sonic bought Roxio, they put a combined Roxio/Sonic Version called EMC 7.5. MyDVD is not part of Roxio software until EMC 8.

These Forums are covered by people who have bought, installed, and used Roxio products. Since MyDVD 6 is NOT a Roxio product, you are going to have to contact Sonic. I undestand often the $35 fee is waived in installation issues, but that is something which will have to be dealt with by Sonic, not volunteers who answer questions about Roxio software.

Sorry.

Lynn

Trial software (from virtually all vendors) come "as is" with no support.

That said, where did you get the trial version of MyDVD 6 from? I don't see it anywhere on the Sonic website.

I was taken to the site from TiVo. It is here: http://estore.sonic.com/upgrades/tivo/MyDVD61_special.asp

Thanks...Cathy

MyDVD is a program by Sonic. At a later point in time than MyDVD 6, Sonic bought the Roxio name and software from a company that at that time was called "Roxio" but has since changed its name to "Napster".

ECD/DVDC 6 was issued by the company that was known at that time as Roxio. It has absoutely nothing to do with MyDVD.

After Sonic bought Roxio, they put a combined Roxio/Sonic Version called EMC 7.5. MyDVD is not part of Roxio software until EMC 8.

These Forums are covered by people who have bought, installed, and used Roxio products. Since MyDVD 6 is NOT a Roxio product, you are going to have to contact Sonic. I undestand often the $35 fee is waived in installation issues, but that is something which will have to be dealt with by Sonic, not volunteers who answer questions about Roxio software.

Sorry.

Lynn

Gee, Lynn - Sorry to have bothered you. I cannot find any place to get help so I thought someone here might have a suggestion.

If Roxio has nothing to do with this software, I wonder why it is call RoxioMyDVD? I also wonder why, when I followed the links from TiVo, I was able to get to this forum. I must have dreamed all that.

Cathy

Gee, Lynn - Sorry to have bothered you. I cannot find any place to get help so I thought someone here might have a suggestion.

If Roxio has nothing to do with this software, I wonder why it is call RoxioMyDVD? I also wonder why, when I followed the links from TiVo, I was able to get to this forum. I must have dreamed all that.

Cathy

I seriously doubt you were taken to ECD/DVDC 6 Forum. Both V.6 and EMC 7 were put out before the buy-out.

You might try one of the higher level Forums, but I think you will get the same answer. The only way to get an answer is from someone who is familiar with the product. That would be someone from Sonic (the Roxio division).

Sorry to have disturbed you by anwering.

You might try asking TiVO - they would seem to know something about it.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

I was taken to the site from TiVo. It is here: http://estore.sonic.com/upgrades/tivo/MyDVD61_special.asp

Thanks...Cathy

Ok, that link helps clarify things. So you're saying you followed the directions (as noted below from the link), but did not get an email with the serial number? Have you tried using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page in your link?

Please fill out all fields below, and press submit. The trial will start downloading automatically.

Please Note: A Serial number required to install the trial will be emailed after you register

Note: The "Sonic" and "Roxio" name branding seems to get quite confusing at times. The same products you see on that linked page that have the Roxio name on them now are the same exact ones that had the Sonic name on them before Sonic purchased Roxio.

Guest ivanatrox

pm me your e-mail address... I'll provide you the S/N for MyDVD 6.2 Trial

Ok, that link helps clarify things. So you're saying you followed the directions (as noted below from the link), but did not get an email with the serial number? Have you tried using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page in your link?

Please fill out all fields below, and press submit. The trial will start downloading automatically.

Please Note: A Serial number required to install the trial will be emailed after you register

Note: The "Sonic" and "Roxio" name branding seems to get quite confusing at times. The same products you see on that linked page that have the Roxio name on them now are the same exact ones that had the Sonic name on them before Sonic purchased Roxio.

Thanks, Larry -

Yes I did try to contact support but I have to have a registered product to use that. Since that seems to be the main problem, I can't use contact support either. Am I in an endless loop?? <G>

Cathy

Thanks, Larry -

Yes I did try to contact support but I have to have a registered product to use that. Since that seems to be the main problem, I can't use contact support either. Am I in an endless loop?? <G>

Cathy

In the post right above this last one, Ivan asked you to click on the PM icon (private message) in his post, and send him your email address so he can send you the serial number. Do that and you'll be on your way. He'll get you taken care of.

Hi Cathy,

Sorry.

Lynn

I think what Lynn was trying to say in her ineffable way was "Sorry, you're in the wrong forum. You want 'My TV to go' which is in the forum just above this 'Legacy Products' one."

Hi Cathy,

I think what Lynn was trying to say in her ineffable way was "Sorry, you're in the wrong forum. You want 'My TV to go' which is in the forum just above this 'Legacy Products' one."

Actually no, Brendon - I hadn't noticed that Tivo Forum. Thank you for pointing out.

Lynn

I didn't want to mention looking before leaping, because somebody else had already chopped somebody's head off with that saying the other day.

Guest ivanatrox

I provide the trial serial number through e-mail and didn't hear anything back from the user... I assume she got it...

I provide the trial serial number through e-mail and didn't hear anything back from the user... I assume she got it...

Could I also have this serial number? I ran into the same problem.

the e-mail was sent

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT INSTALLED PERFECTLY AND I'M WORKING WITH IT NOW. I'M VERY HAPPY WITH IT AND THINK I'LL BUY IT. THANKS FOR THE VERY PROMPT RESPONSE.

pm me your e-mail address... I'll provide you the S/N for MyDVD 6.2 Trial

May I PM you as well? Actually, I already tried but was not successful, whether it be a full box or it is disabled. I ran across the same exact problem of not being able to get a S/N. No number was ever sent to my email.

EDIT: (unnecessary info)

Can someone here please help with the S/N number.... I cannot 'register the product' as stated above, because I have not purchased it nor have a trial activation code?

THANKS A BUNCH. I really am interested in checking it out. There may just be another sale -IF I can see what it can do :)

Edited by ivanatrox

Guest ivanatrox

altho it's a different trial product, pm me your e-mail address again (the mailbox was full)... I'll provide you the S/N for DVDIt! 6 Trial...

:) Ivanatrox

I instaled the MyDVD trial V 6.2 a couple of days ago and also did not receive an email with serial number.

Could you please email the serial number, as you did for the others, so I may try this product.

Many thanks

Eeyore

Likewise, could you send me a copy of the serial? I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks!

I'm also trying to get the serial number for DVDIT version 6 trial but haven't received the email serial number. Would you send me a copy (your PM mailbox is full). Thanks!

:) I just paid for Roxio MyDVD Premier 8 and cannot get any support. It's absurd that they want to charge me 35 bucks (more than half the cost of the software) to answer questions. If anyone from Roxio sees this message, what is wrong with your company????? I am astounded at how aweful your product is and that I can't get simple questions answered from a live body ON THE SAME DAY I purchased the product.

I have a Canon DC20 camera and lost the original software bundled with the camera Roxio MyDVD, so I purchased Roxio MyDVD Premier 8 thinking obviously that it should work. It doesn't recognize the video from the camera or a DVD. What do I do? Who can I call to express my dissatisfaction? I have the first six months of my babies life on DVD and I can't even make copies of the DVDs let alone edit them. I really want to edit them. I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible. What a scam you folks have going on!!!!!

:) I just paid for Roxio MyDVD Premier 8 and cannot get any support. It's absurd that they want to charge me 35 bucks (more than half the cost of the software) to answer questions. If anyone from Roxio sees this message, what is wrong with your company????? I am astounded at how aweful your product is and that I can't get simple questions answered from a live body ON THE SAME DAY I purchased the product.

I have a Canon DC20 camera and lost the original software bundled with the camera Roxio MyDVD, so I purchased Roxio MyDVD Premier 8 thinking obviously that it should work. It doesn't recognize the video from the camera or a DVD. What do I do? Who can I call to express my dissatisfaction? I have the first six months of my babies life on DVD and I can't even make copies of the DVDs let alone edit them. I really want to edit them. I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible. What a scam you folks have going on!!!!!

You may be able to download the softwear including drivers from Cannon http://alpha02u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?...DR&TRF=MAIN

I am new at this, so sorry if my suggestions don't work. I wish you luck, don't think much of Roxio myself!