Sign in to follow this  
Oventek

Trouble Playing DVD movies

Question

I have a problem, I was using Easy Media Creator V8 and was able to play a dvd movie threw Cineplayer or

Windows media player. I unistalled EMC V8 and installed V9. Now when I try and play a movie threw Media Player, Cineplayer or Media Experience I can watch the movie and he the sounds effects but not the voices (talking). I have tried the same dvds that work fine in EMC V8 with no luck. I have also tried these same dvds in my home player and they work fine. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

4 answers to this question

I have a problem, I was using Easy Media Creator V8 and was able to play a dvd movie threw Cineplayer or

Windows media player. I unistalled EMC V8 and installed V9. Now when I try and play a movie threw Media Player, Cineplayer or Media Experience I can watch the movie and he the sounds effects but not the voices (talking). I have tried the same dvds that work fine in EMC V8 with no luck. I have also tried these same dvds in my home player and they work fine. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Strange. Have you gone into the Media Experience or Cineplayer program (same for DVDs) and set your audio to system settings and then checked the advanced? How about making sure that the low frequency effects setting are not used?

Some DVDs have have the ability to select an audio language for playback with the DVD. Perhaps something is going wrong so that instead of picking English by default it doesn't pick a language at all. It's also possible that the decoder is really messed up and misinterpretting the audio stream.

All those applications are most likely using the same DVD decoder. I know it's a pain but you're best off uninstalling all of those applications and reinstalling Media Experience, and if everything is okay install the others.

Most recent movies are recorded in surround sound. Sound effects and much music often comes from the front L & R and the back L & R. speakers. Much of the voice sound comes from the center channel speaker. It would seem there is nothing wrong with your DVDs as they will play correctly elsewhere. What kind of speaker setup do you have for listening when playing back through the computer - mono, stereo, or surround with a center channel speaker? If your audio card is capable of surround sound, there are audio configeration menus somewhere that allow you to select the type of output to your computer speakers. It could be that these settings need to be changed to match your computer speaker setup. Also, if you have a center channel speaker on the computer, make certain that it has not become disconnected. If a digital audio output is being run to an external sound system rather than using computer speakers, you may have to select a setting for digital output such as SPDIF to get the sound to work properly. The sound card settings could have had some interaction with some of the EMC9 programs when you installed it. Or some other setting may have been changed by accident that has nothing to do with EMC9. I once had a problem much like this on my video system not connected to the computer, and it turned out that a cable to the center channel speaker was loose.

Thanks for all the help. I discovered that at some point my system was switched to a five speaker system. Once I switched it back to stereo it worked great. Thanks again!!!!