Fred B

Many features NOT working

Question

Just purchased ver 9 - another headache!!

I've updated all drivers, done Microsoft updates, etc. Reinstalled the program and don't get the buffer problem anymore.

That being said, three items I'm currently having issues with:

1. SlideShow won't launch - "Home" minimizes and then returns full screen

2. PhotoProject appears to launch, but screen is bland and/or selections grayed out

3. Can't launch Media Manager - experience a runtime error - R6025 - pure virtual call function

I also receive an error about RoxwizrdLancher, asking to send a report to Microsoft.

Anyone else experience these/similar issues? I've sent an email to tech support but thought this would be a good approach in conjunction with that.

Thanks for any help/insights!

Fred

10 answers to this question

I have been starting with asking people if they have internet explorer 7 on their system so I might as well continue my trend. Do you have IE 7?

No - not yet, and it looks like - not for awhile.

I find it amazing how many people will download beta software and then expect everything to be fine.

Gary - Some of us foolishly thought that by the time the IE7 beta process reached the Release Candidate stage the bugs and incompatibility issues would have been resolved. Silly us.....give MS credit for another gotcha! Good luck. - Dave

1) Well that issue looks like IE 7, but if you dont have it, for now I cant think of what would cause it.

2) This issue looks like a video card. If you already have the latest drivers then it may be a compatibility issue. Can you give us the details on your card?

3) This sounds a lot like a buffer overrun issue we have been seeing lately. Some people were able to fix this by creating a new user account and others were able to fix it by turning off Roxwatch.

I find it amazing how many people will download beta software and then expect everything to be fine.

Are you talking about IE7 or Creator9?

If the former - I agree.

If the latter - I would expect basic features to function.

And to either - how does this help with my problem???

1) Well that issue looks like IE 7, but if you dont have it, for now I cant think of what would cause it.

2) This issue looks like a video card. If you already have the latest drivers then it may be a compatibility issue. Can you give us the details on your card?

3) This sounds a lot like a buffer overrun issue we have been seeing lately. Some people were able to fix this by creating a new user account and others were able to fix it by turning off Roxwatch.

I wanted to turn off RoxWatch, but my Media Manager is now just returning a runtime error. Wasn't doing that before.

Vid card - All-In-Wonder using Intel 82856G Graphics Controller

Looks like I"m in for another re-install to get the basics back.

New user - you're talking Windows user account, correct?

Edited by Fred B

When a beta becomes available to the general public it is often widely used by the technologically savvy and those familiar with previous versions as though it were the finished product. Usually developers of freeware or open-source betas release them to the general public while proprietary betas go to a relatively small group of testers.

The term release candidate refers to a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.

Microsoft Corporation often uses the term release candidate.

18 September 2006

Local box builders are impressed by Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Vista operating system.

Although circulating to some testers since early September, local box builders have only had their hands on RC1 since last week.

Drivers are always a problem, too, because until RC1 the manufacturers wouldn't certify their drivers."

cdanteek

I don't have any issues so far with IE 7 RC1 reinstalled after installation of EMC9 and registering the apps that needed it, while with IE 6. All the components open and function, including those mentioned by Fred B, They do so both wnen launched from within Roxio Home, or directly from start/programs/...

I don't have any issues so far with IE 7 RC1 reinstalled after installation of EMC9 and registering the apps that needed it, while with IE 6. All the components open and function, including those mentioned by Fred B, They do so both wnen launched from within Roxio Home, or directly from start/programs/...

Everyhting is up and running well - so far. I used the "clean" install advice from ggrussell (Thanks Gary!). I then turned off RoxWatch. Haven't done much other than check to see if the items that previously wouldn't open now do. Hope to have some "playing time" a little later.

Thanks to all who responded.

Fred

Edited by Fred B