• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
apcipriano

Previewing DVD production before copying

Question

I' just purchased Creator ver 9 having used 7 and then 7.5 for over 2 years. I'm having difficulty viewing finished dvds before copying to a disc. These are dvd images on my harddrive. Using 7.5, in the "copy disc" section, I could watch a small window of the video. I can't with ver. 9. Can anyone tell me how? I have to admit that ver. 7.5 was easier to nagivate through and, most importantly, was FASTER in performance!

Thanks.

apc

4 answers to this question

I' just purchased Creator ver 9 having used 7 and then 7.5 for over 2 years. I'm having difficulty viewing finished dvds before copying to a disc. These are dvd images on my harddrive. Using 7.5, in the "copy disc" section, I could watch a small window of the video. I can't with ver. 9. Can anyone tell me how? I have to admit that ver. 7.5 was easier to nagivate through and, most importantly, was FASTER in performance!

Thanks.

apc

Open disc copier to the DVD/CD copy mode and search for the "iso" file and use the preview screen. If you can't see this or it won't play, post your computer specs especially your video chip/card information.

Open disc copier to the DVD/CD copy mode and search for the "iso" file and use the preview screen. If you can't see this or it won't play, post your computer specs especially your video chip/card information.

Thank you for the instructions...that did it. I just received this upgrade yesterday and am still getting acquainted. I also loaded "Media Manager" as a startup item and have since disengaged that feature based upon other users' comments. Anyway, here's the specs on my laptop. I'm also using three Maxtor external harddrives (300 gig) for the raw video as well as storing video Vdeowave projects and DVDBuilder owing to the limited hard drive space on my laptop. I am also using firewire connections to the laptop from the Maxtors.

Operating System System Model

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Gateway Gateway 200arc Revision 01

Enclosure Type: Notebook

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

1.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium M

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Gateway Gateway 200arc Revision 01

824.08 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

511.39 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ROXIO DVD-ROM EMULATOR SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6112 [CD-ROM drive]

HTS548060M9AT00 [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 0, s/n

Based upon the above, can I run version 9 effectively? I also own an HDV camcorder (Sony FX1) and

I bought Version 9 to process that format into an HD dvd. Given the present configuration of the computer, what's your opinion as to rendering an HD disc? Thanks!

apc

Thank you for the instructions...that did it. I just received this upgrade yesterday and am still getting acquainted. I also loaded "Media Manager" as a startup item and have since disengaged that feature based upon other users' comments. Anyway, here's the specs on my laptop. I'm also using three Maxtor external harddrives (300 gig) for the raw video as well as storing video Vdeowave projects and DVDBuilder owing to the limited hard drive space on my laptop. I am also using firewire connections to the laptop from the Maxtors.

Operating System System Model

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Gateway Gateway 200arc Revision 01

Enclosure Type: Notebook

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

1.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium M

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Gateway Gateway 200arc Revision 01

824.08 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

511.39 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ROXIO DVD-ROM EMULATOR SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6112 [CD-ROM drive]

HTS548060M9AT00 [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 0, s/n

Based upon the above, can I run version 9 effectively? I also own an HDV camcorder (Sony FX1) and

I bought Version 9 to process that format into an HD dvd. Given the present configuration of the computer, what's your opinion as to rendering an HD disc? Thanks!

apc

Since you own it, you might try it. If you had posted those specs before you bought the product, I would have suggested EMC 7 or 7.5. :) You may get it to work but it will be painfully slow and you will not have all the video nice things like the 3D transitions. Before you put to much time into it, update the drivers for your video chips from the Gateway site. I doubt that you have a video card. Make sure you do all your Video work with the VieoWave tools (top menu), options, rendering set to :huh: software. Do you have a HD burner?

Since you own it, you might try it. If you had posted those specs before you bought the product, I would have suggested EMC 7 or 7.5. :) You may get it to work but it will be painfully slow and you will not have all the video nice things like the 3D transitions. Before you put to much time into it, update the drivers for your video chips from the Gateway site. I doubt that you have a video card. Make sure you do all your Video work with the VieoWave tools (top menu), options, rendering set to :huh: software. Do you have a HD burner?

As it turns out, I do have version 7, upgraded to 7.5 which I have happily using for some time now. I just thought version 9 would more in terms of special effects...the HD part was icing on the cake. Of course, this computer is way too slow and underpowered to run any HDV oriented applications and right now, I'm on the fence about purchasing another PC (say a Gateway or Dell) or a Mac. I'm video taping a lot of events including wedding so the end product is getting more sophisticated. I think I've come to the limits of the Roxio product in any event. No, I don't have an HD burner but the internal Toshiba DVD-RW one. I think I'll go back to Version 7.5 in the intermin. Thanks for your kind advice and attention!

apc