Sign in to follow this  
Guest lduguay

Black Slides when burning DVD

Question

Guest lduguay

I am using the Roxio 9.0 Slideshow creation application. When producing the final DVD using MyDVD, i end up with several black slides. The funny thing is that it is totally random. If i recreate the DVD (.iso) i might get 5 or 6 dropped slides, if i recreate it again, i may get 3-4 dropped slides.

The preview from MyDVD does show all slides. I have searched the Roxio 8.0, and there is a lot of complaints about the same issue. Now the same thing shows up in Roxio 9.0... Frustrating, i was using Roxio 7.5 without too much inconveniences. I guess i'll return this product, it is clearly not ready, and full of annoying bugs. :)

2 answers to this question

I am using the Roxio 9.0 Slideshow creation application. When producing the final DVD using MyDVD, i end up with several black slides. The funny thing is that it is totally random. If i recreate the DVD (.iso) i might get 5 or 6 dropped slides, if i recreate it again, i may get 3-4 dropped slides.

The preview from MyDVD does show all slides. I have searched the Roxio 8.0, and there is a lot of complaints about the same issue. Now the same thing shows up in Roxio 9.0... Frustrating, i was using Roxio 7.5 without too much inconveniences. I guess i'll return this product, it is clearly not ready, and full of annoying bugs. :)

If you have been reading a few posts, you know that, in most cases, the video chip or card driver update is the solution. You might want to post your computer specs and video information. Perhaps we can find an update for that chip/card.

You may want to build your slide show in VideoWave and output it to a mpg2 for DVD file. You can then add that mpg2 file to MyDVD. If there is a problem with the slide show, it will not encode properly.

Guest lduguay
If you have been reading a few posts, you know that, in most cases, the video chip or card driver update is the solution. You might want to post your computer specs and video information. Perhaps we can find an update for that chip/card.

You may want to build your slide show in VideoWave and output it to a mpg2 for DVD file. You can then add that mpg2 file to MyDVD. If there is a problem with the slide show, it will not encode properly.

I have two 7800GTX with the latest driver 91.48.

I have tried your suggestion and it works! Thanks :)