• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
paulwf

Divx To Dvd Problem

Question

I had been successfully converting TV series in Divx format to DVD using Toast 7.

I usually convert 3 or 4 45min episodes to 1 DVD disc. I create a toast image then later burn that to disc.

Lately Toast 7 has been crashing during the process of creating the toast image.

Uninstalling Quicktime 7.0.3 and reinstalling Quicktime 7.0.1 fixed it temporarily but it is now crashing again. Reinstalling Quicktime 7.0.3 then uninstalling it again then reinstalling 7.0.1 didn't work again.

There is plenty of room on the hard drive (100gb or more) so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

You may want to install QT 7.0.4 and also make sure you are running Toast 7.0.2

I used Appzapper to remove Toast 7.0, I then reinstalled Toast 7.0, I then upgraded to Toast 7.0.2 then installed QT 7.0.4 but when trying to create a DVD from 3 AVI files it crashed again. The individual AVI files play fine on VLC.

Any more suggestions?

Ahhh, I just ditched that codec assuming AC3 was fixed again in QuickTime 704. Are you sure it's not and I should install it again?

QT doesn't support AC3 at all. QT 7.0.4 fixed the AC3 Codec and other VBR decoders that QT 7.0.2 broke. The AC3 CODEC version 0.2 now works with QT 7.0.4, but I've seen some files that still crash Toast. AC3 CODEC version 0.3 fixes the crash, but some files still don't play correctly. They do encode though. I believe these are all QT bugs.