GHenry54

Issues With Uploading & Burning Dvd

Question

Today, my Roxio Photoshow version 6 stopped working... The Photoshows would not upload, and the software can not find my CD/DVD drives to burn a DVD of any photoshow.

It worked fine a week ago. Other applications can find the CD/DVD drive and I can burn a music CD. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

More details. I can update photoshows that are on My Member Page, but I can not upload new ones!

Edited by GHenry54
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

I can now see that I am getting Error code 403 when I upload. Any solutions out there? I un-installed, re-installed V6, updated Adobe Flash, checked firewall, switched to the music on V6, etc...

Something has screwed up the program installed on your computer!

Do you use a registry cleaner like Registry Mechanic or the one integrated into Norton 360 or similar? Turn them off. They are only good for making registry cleaners money.

Did you try to re-download from your member's page and reinstall V6 to your desktop? There is no need to uninstall what is already there.

What operating system and what browser are you using? Could you security software be blocking access to that page? 403 means that you do not have access - strictly forbidden.

I just made a simple PhotoShow and uploaded it with no issues. Are you signed into your membership page using the desktop version? Is your membership current?

You can try to delete the program from your computer, downloading the current version and installing that.

EDIT: I'm burning a DVD now with no issues.

Have you rebooted your computer lately? How much free and defragged space on your hard drive?

Edited by sknis

The DVD just completed successfully. When you went to burn the DVD, at what stage did it fail? Processing images, processing music. creating ISO file or the actual burning. This is important because it tells us if is the resources or if the burning engine has become corrupt. The engine should have been fixed with the new install. I'm not sure if the program uses this burning engine but it might help. The Latest 4.10.28a Click here

What is the build number for your version of PhotoShow 6? Mine is 872 (Help then about). It is on the splash page that opens.

Do you have any videos or music file (yours) that you have in the show? If videos, what format, if music what format (mp3 are best).

If nothing works, time to cancel your membership, get your money back and buy another program. --- OH and get rid of any registry cleaners !

My PC is 3 months old... Didn't want windows 8.

Dell Windows 7 Home Premium

XPS 8700

Intel® Core 7-4770 CPU 3.40Gz

RAM 800GB

64-bit Operating System

626 GB free storage

My version and build 872 is the same as yours. I am using MP3 music. I have been using Photoshow for years. I have over 120 posted to my member page. What others available?

Thanks

Have you ever been able to get to or create and upload a PhotoShow with the new computer? I never said that your computer was insufficient.

Try removing the program from your computer and download a fresh version. Keep your antivirus off, destroy your registry cleaner, reinstall and reboot.

Asked again. When is (was) your membership set to expire? Are you able to log into your members page either from the desktop version of V6 or from here (link). click get started now and then log in.

Something is blocking access to the web site. Do you have Internet Explorer set to not visit certain sites or types of sites. You may want to download Chrome (very fast browser) or FireFox and set it to the default browser. See if you can get in using that browser.

I did everything that you have suggested and nothing works. I turned off McAfee firewall and uploaded but it failed again. I wanted to attach the photoshow_uploader.txt file to show you the errors but that is not allowed in the forum.

My subs ends in October 2014 an I can access y member page. I am also getting a message that have no CD\DVD burner from software, but I can burn a music CD from WMP and iTunes.

Does Windows see your burner? McAfee firewall is not your antivirus nor your registry cleaner.

You can attach any txt file. Just go to the more reply options to the bottom right of this page. If you still have issues, just post the text of what the errors are.

If Windows sees your burner, but you still can;t get it to work, Download the free REVO Uninstaller and uninstall the program in the MODERATE MODE ONLY. Reboot and reinstall. Try again

After looking at all that (most anyway) it looks like the program is trying to log in which it does but when it goes to upload the PhotoShow, it fails. It looks like there is a problem with the PhotoShow itself. How long is it? Please try making a new photoshow with some of the images and music that you used in a previous slide show. This trial can just be one or two images and one piece of music. Alternately, do some editing (minor) on one of the PhotoShows that you downloaded to your desktop computer and save it (with a new name) see if that will upload.

I believe that it is the same problem with burning a DVD. The program cannot handle something in the PhotoShow so it hangs and will not do the rendering.

Sorry but you will have to track the bad resource down. Are all the mp3 i files the same in terms of bit rate and other details? Do you have a image that is not one of the acceptable formats. Are there any gaps doubles, etc. In the PhotoShow. Are all the resources in the PhotoShow in the same place as when you made the Photoshow? Do you have a lot of extras like text on the images?

Sorry I can;t think of anything else.

I'll ask someone else to look at your problem.

I have the same problem of both Roxio Creator 2012 and Photoshow. Both comes up with an error that says, "There are no DVD or CD burners connected to your computer". I have Window 8.1 on a 3 year old Dell Laptop. My DVD/CD device works with all other programs except Roxio. I have no Register Software on my computer. I have McAfee and even turned it off and re-loaded Photoshow. Deleted DVD/CD media and restarted my computer to reinstall it. All my Burner updates are current, as is all my Windows updates. I worked with a Roxio tech for about 4 days and still have the problem. I took it to Office Depot and they checked it out and said the DVD?CD burner was just fine. He even hooked up and external burner and we got the same message. The Roxio tech and I have also done everything that is suggest on this post and nothing works. My 10 year old desk top computer has no problem with either program but is really, really slow. Can anyone help me on this issue? Thanks Jim