• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Information

Issues after Installation due to installation

Question

In a basic sense of all this, I have installed uninstalled, re-installed and I still come to this one dead-end that's just boggling my computer illiterate mind. Why do I need to go through Online Regisration when first of all the link site does not exist? and secondly, I already registered through the www.roxio.com site.

The issue I am having is that everytime I go to open Roxio EMC 9, (any program, audio, video, music, etc.) The first window to pop up is the product registration window. It does it's thinking, and then poof...

"INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR"

line: 3

character: 1

error: syntax error

code: 0

URL: http://registration.roxio.com/registration...amp;state=state

This error pops up about 13 more times with different line nubers streaming all the way to line: 166 maybe higher. Then when all is done and said, I am left with an empty shell of a website. Dead end... Nothing but a 'CTRL' 'ALT' 'DEL' end task answer in my books.

Does anyone, know what could be done to fix this issue, if anything?

This really disheartens my trust in Roxio now... This is the first program I have ever brought home and not have work the way the manual specifically states it would. Beyond upset, in fact not even upset, just disheartened...

1 answer to this question

In a basic sense of all this, I have installed uninstalled, re-installed and I still come to this one dead-end that's just boggling my computer illiterate mind. Why do I need to go through Online Regisration when first of all the link site does not exist? and secondly, I already registered through the www.roxio.com site.

The issue I am having is that everytime I go to open Roxio EMC 9, (any program, audio, video, music, etc.) The first window to pop up is the product registration window. It does it's thinking, and then poof...

"INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR"

line: 3

character: 1

error: syntax error

code: 0

URL: http://registration.roxio.com/registration...amp;state=state

This error pops up about 13 more times with different line nubers streaming all the way to line: 166 maybe higher. Then when all is done and said, I am left with an empty shell of a website. Dead end... Nothing but a 'CTRL' 'ALT' 'DEL' end task answer in my books.

Does anyone, know what could be done to fix this issue, if anything?

This really disheartens my trust in Roxio now... This is the first program I have ever brought home and not have work the way the manual specifically states it would. Beyond upset, in fact not even upset, just disheartened...

Do you happen to have IE7 Beta installed? There's a pinned note at the top of the boards that mentions EMC9 is not compatible with IE7 beta until the final version of IE is out.

If you don't have IE7 installed, make sure your firewall and pop up blockers are turned off just when you get the message.